Page 894 of 896 FirstFirst ... 394794844884890891892893894895896 LastLast
Results 8,931 to 8,940 of 8951

Thread: So What Did You Do to your Jaguar today ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed the rear wiper on my 2007 2.0D Estate, which had got jammed. Removed wiper, extracted shaft, cleaned, greased, reassembled. All working fine in 30 mins. Result. Next job is to replace a faulty fan control module, because my radiator fan runs continuously whilst the ignition is on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I collected a new addition to my little collection of Cats... I spotted it last week on Autotrader at a local ish dealer ..... advertised as an SE but on inspection it is a Sovereign. A test drive revealed that the auxiliary belt and tensioner needed some work doing that the dealer would cover. Cue flashback to when I bought my first X-Type so at least I knew what I was talking about.
    It's got a few scratches and scuffs on the bodywork but I've ordered a touch-up paint pen to see if that will cover them up. Also the right hand headlight washer cover is missing but I've sourced one on eBay. Also ordered some more Oxicat.
    I've already had a look to see if I need to order a blank with hole for the EGR valve but one is already fitted. When it stops raining I will see how mucky the EGR valve is.
    Looking forward to giving it a wash and polish so I can take some photos.
    Not bad for £1500

Next is to see about getting rid of the other X-Type when Yvonne finishes using it after finalising a deal on her own X-Type as she spotted one she liked last weekend. Her Fiat Qubo went over a month ago.
    Rick
    Last edited by rick_shape; 19-05-17 at 16:28.
    2006 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign 6 Speed Manual. Indigo Blue/Cream leather. EGR blanked. 153,000 miles and rising. J00757
    2004 X-Type 2.0D SE 5 Speed Manual. Pacific Blue/Cream leather. Terracleaned. EGR blanked. Eco+Power Remap. Painted Calipers. Leaper keyfob. Repainted alloy wheels. New green wheel caps. Silicone intercooler pipe. Replacement outer sills. 165,000 miles and rising. E24944
    2001 S-Type 3.0 SE 5 Speed Automatic. Mistral Blue/Cream leather. 103,000 miles and rising.
    M20532

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0113.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	23310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0112.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	23311Well I have managed to give it a quick wash, but rain stopped any polishing.
    The only advisory on the MOT was a worn tyre which the dealer also replaced prior to collection, cheers Autowerks in Wellingborough. I've just put new wiper blades on courtesy of Asda, to replace the feeble Bosch ones already fitted.
    Next step is to consider getting it remapped as the dealer was unsure if it had been done.
    2006 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign 6 Speed Manual. Indigo Blue/Cream leather. EGR blanked. 153,000 miles and rising. J00757
    2004 X-Type 2.0D SE 5 Speed Manual. Pacific Blue/Cream leather. Terracleaned. EGR blanked. Eco+Power Remap. Painted Calipers. Leaper keyfob. Repainted alloy wheels. New green wheel caps. Silicone intercooler pipe. Replacement outer sills. 165,000 miles and rising. E24944
    2001 S-Type 3.0 SE 5 Speed Automatic. Mistral Blue/Cream leather. 103,000 miles and rising.
    M20532

Post Thanks / Like
    A very satisfying day today, I have welded up the aforementioned hole in the sill, the tin worms don't seem to have damaged much inside the sill, so all nicely patched and zinc primed followed by lots of stonechip and the inside dosed with an aerosol can of waxoyl. I'll leave this lot to dry then fit the plastic oversill tomorrow.
    I have also fitted a sunglasses holder from a laguna, it fits in place of the drivers internal roof handle (I don't know what these are for anyway), even the colour is very close, it looks like it grew there.
    When I sort out how to post pics, I'll post some.
    I don't have satnav, I use the force.
    2005 2.0 diesel estate sport. ultraviolet with stone interior.
    REPLACED. rear discs & pads, power steering pump, alternator & tensioner, starter motor, clutch & flywheel, aircon pump, injectors, thermostat (both), so far...
    MODS. Led bulbs in interior, HID headlamps, sunglasses holder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another new 'toy' for the X... fitted ACM. All very straightforward. Took about an hour, to remove the centre console, drill the hole for the cable and re-fit everything. Upgraded firmware and it's currently seemingly happy with a 16GB usb stick.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Auto Sport, Dec 2001, 72000 miles, Platinum with Cranberry leather seats
    My first Jag, owned since February 2017

Retrofitted Climate Control, Navigation and Touch Screen (replacing manual aircon), LED interior replacements, facelift multi-function steering wheel, Bluetooth, Voice Activation
    Future - Powerfold mirrors, message center, and anything else that comes along

Previously owned a 1996 Honda Prelude 2.2 Si VTEC BB4 in Black from January 2001 to March 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    After moving into my brand new first home, gave my Jag a quick clean and health check, which it needed after a late night trip to save the missus after her Audi A3 gearbox exploded. I jinxed it by saying "the house move went so smoothly, nothing bad can happen now". So now I'm browsing for a 2.2D to buy her as a replacement.
    I just saw an Audi driver using his indicators correctly on the motorway. Twice. Should I report the vehicle as stolen?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '56 plate X-Type 2.2D Sovereign Winter Gold -- 126k Miles --

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageMonkey1989 View Post
    After moving into my brand new first home, gave my Jag a quick clean and health check, which it needed after a late night trip to save the missus after her Audi A3 gearbox exploded. I jinxed it by saying "the house move went so smoothly, nothing bad can happen now". So now I'm browsing for a 2.2D to buy her as a replacement.
    Brand New First Home , how good is that ? Congratulations to both of you

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned the AC.
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Set the Sat Nav for Earls Barton Breakfast Brunch, was good weather for an change.

02 SE 3.0 LPG - 4G LTE - 16 Groove Nitrac Discs - Custom Suspension - RS-4 Hybrid Beam LED Spotlights with DRL - Goodridge Phantom Hoses

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I mostly unstuck the clutch... I was part way through changing the master cylinder then checked through the rubber boot around the bleed valve.
    Kind regards

Benedict White

__________________________________________________ _________________
    Jaguar X Type Sport Estate 2.0D, 2004 (127,000 miles) with most of the toys!
    How to re program tailgate glass http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f26/est...ing-63464.html

Former cars
    Jaguar X Type Estate, Classic 2.0D, 2004 (161,000 miles)

Page 894 of 896 FirstFirst ... 394794844884890891892893894895896 LastLast