Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our overseas members

Post Thanks / Like
    I've posted in the newbies forum, but I drew the short straw and live at Le Mans. Someone had to I guess.
    so we can all come to stay then..........your such a nice guy
    2011MY XF Portfolio, 3.0D "S" Ultimate black, Ivory Sports Interior, Piano Black wood. Aero kit, Dynamic Suspension, 20" Smoked Volans, Rear Camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Snyder NY/Maastricht, the Netherlands

Good to be here. Will be very helpfull forum, I'm sure.
    Jolanda & Emiel

Post Thanks / Like

Canadian who got lost.

I'm a Canuck living in Northern Ireland (Co Antrim). I'm married to a beautiful Moroccan and just got a 02 S-type V6 SE in Metallic Claret.

Also drive a '69 Land Rover 88 that I am rolling-restoring to drive overland back to Alberta via the most northerly route possible. Before you all say "mad dogs and Englishmen", I will repeat, "I am Canadian." Only part English (1/4 ish).

1/4 Jock and 1/2 Finnish too, so that could explain it. Drive from Belfast to Alberta overland (eccentric ideas = English) in a '69 Land Rover (too cheap to buy a Defender = Scottish) by the most northerly route possible (freezing arctic conditions = Finnish).

So why a Jag? It's beautiful, comfortable and unlike a BMW/Merc/Audi/Lexus/Acura will probably give me trouble (ie have character) but never bore me. Besides, my wife loves Jags and she's the boss. She put up with a trip in the 88 from southern England to Cairnryan, towing a trailer, with very few complaints despite hating old Land Rovers, so she deserves something for her patience.

Anyone ever driven an S-type from London to Cape Town?
    Stew

02 V6 SE - metallic claret + cream leather
    94 1.3 Fiesta - Dufer (Du fer now!)
    98 Sylva Striker Mk.II - Super 7 busting car. Detaches retinas and kidneys bleed.
    69 SIIa 88 Land Rover - Adventure + Project
    '66 Mustang Coupe - Project

Post Thanks / Like

From San Diego, California

Hello All from the Pacific Coast in Southern California!

'05 S-Type, 4.2 litre V-8. A wonderful forum you've got here, look forward to posting more in the future!
    Everyone wants to walk through a door marked "private." Therefore, have a good reason to be affluent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    and of course...Happy & safe motoring in 08!

Driving the dream... Jaguar
    James
    90 XJ40 VDP - Diamond Blue Metallic
    90 XJS V12 Cabriolet - Diamond Blue Metallic
    85 XJS 3.6 Coupe 5 Speed - BRG
    82 XJ6 - Talisman Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone ever driven an S-type from London to Cape Town?

No, but i would like to.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail ! P.P.P.P.P.P.
    XJ and x351, Mazda mx5 mk1, Pan European

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Hi I am living in Germany and been here since 1981 , Have had a lot of german stuff Mercedes BMW Audi Porsche VW. But wanted to try a jag again. I now have a 2003 XJ8 I have had it for a month and doen nearly 6000Kms. It´s going to be converted to LPG in a week or so.

I also have a few bikes 1975 Norton Commando, 1981 Guzzi Cali T3 with squire sidecár (For the wife) and 2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050.

I must admit the jag is just a dream to drive very subtle in black with black leather. I hope it will go on along time. I did have a 81 XJ 12 sov. years ago but that was although a nice drive a real pig & leaked like a sieve.

It´s great to have a car that isn´t made here(Just like the bikes) the only German car I would entertain again is a Merc.

Happy motoring

N

Post Thanks / Like
    hi there.im from denmark and new to the jaguar experience, but wanted one since fourth grade.it`s just that in denmark we have a registration fee for cars off 180%.that means that my xj40 from 1990 cost me £12,5k no s..t.(i know your laughing out loud).but thats the way it is.

the xj is wery fine, no rust 3 times rustsealer everythere and fresh paint.purrs like a cat and is just a plesure to drive.

im a big fan off british bikes, and have not been whitout one for 22 years.
    at the time i have a 1971 norton commando 750.a bsa b50ss from 1971 and a tribsa im makin into a classic racer for the road with a 76` 750triumph engine.bikes can be seen at grevemc.dk

thats all for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Ullman.
    XF Premium Luxury 2.7 V6 diesel 2009MY
    Vapour Grey
    Barley Leather

Post Thanks / Like

Poland Strengthen ties with UK by joining Jaguar Forum

When I bought my first Jag (S3 XJ12) they were few and far between. But now Jaguar like Range Rover with whom they are marketed have taken off. I'm just off to have lunch with a mate who's bought a new XKR.

I've also got a '92 XJ40 which the wife commendeered when she was recovering from knee surgery. She won't give it back. The problem is reliability. It's off the road with code 24 which I think is an ignition amplifier problem. Problem is that it is difficult to get mechanics who understand Jags here, even the main dealers are lost. A mate of mine sent his UK registered XJ6 (X300) into local dealer for some suspension work and it cost him 2,000gbp to get it out again.

I'll get it fixed but I've got a feeling it'll be off the raod for a month while I go through it all. Until then she's got one of my Merc's.

Neil

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast