Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free help suggestion to inspect cars they are thinking of buying by other owners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Reggie. With regards the price, is it the right money?

Post Thanks / Like
    With those miles I would haggle hard and wan`t £500 off if there is no service history. If you start clocking up the miles your be over 200k miles in a few years, yes the engine may be capable but what about the rest of the running gear.
    If it was me I would go for one a year or so older that has just over 100k miles (cars drop in value after this mileage) that has been well cared for with a service history if possable, as there is lots of them to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still available should anyone want to have another helping them to inspect a potential Jaguar example to buy, all I ask is if they could collect and return me in one piece. I am no expert but have a good idea what to look for and now have owner experience with the X Type, XJ (X350) and the XK (X150) in addition to this my father was a BMC motor mechanic who also worked on Jags until he retired 30 odd years ago (now aged 97) so I have a reasonable knowledge of basic vehicle mechanics.
    When ever I am on the hunt for another car I regretfully always go on my own as I have no friends with interest in cars but would be a huge advantage to invite someone along with me as they can spot things you can miss and can save you money to get a better deal.
    I live in the Norhamptonshire NN6 area should anyone wish to take me up on this offer on the forum.
    I have owned 35 cars in my time which range from a Mini, 2CV,l Land Rover etc. to a Jaguar XJ a Porsche and many Mercedes. My current car is a 2007 Jaguar XK which is my third Jag and also have a 2009 Mitsubishi Colt as a little run around.

4. Likes Willber G, BroadwayBlueshirt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Reggie. I expect I will give you a call when I have one to check out. The offer is most appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Free help suggestion to inspect cars they are thinking of buying by other owners.

Would anyone in the camberley/Sandhurst area be able to take a look at my new xfr?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12