Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S-type supercharger removal (with pics)

Post Thanks / Like

S-type supercharger removal (with pics)

Sooooo the title says it all I took a supercharger out (doesn;t happen every day customer's don't like spending that kinda money) and I took pics along the way, specially because the only thread I found similar to this one kinda had limited pics (great info though) but you can't never have too much info and too many pics.

Here is the link: jaghelp.com: 2006 S-type supercharger removal

Any comments to improve the article will be appreciated. I will be putting it back together hopefully on Monday (if I get the parts) and posting the pics of putting it back together. I worked hard on this so moderators pls faq

2. Likes bigtel, Sylvestor1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking your time
    superb pics and write up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing "ribber" is a typo for "rubber".

Is that a US car? Various parts are on the other side to mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes '04 that's a US website, all those pics and write up will be very handy for anyone fancying a bit of DIY regardless of US/UK versions, good work Daxter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty advanced DIY - not for me ta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me neither, but it would save a lot of cash and it's nothing really complicated, just lots of basic nuts & bolts stuff, in my younger days I'd dive straight in, pity in my younger days I never thought of actually buying a Jag!

Post Thanks / Like
    Think of the electrical stuff you could've fought...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djdex View Post
    Me neither, but it would save a lot of cash and it's nothing really complicated, just lots of basic nuts & bolts stuff, in my younger days I'd dive straight in, pity in my younger days I never thought of actually buying a Jag!
    got to the 5 bolts on the back of mine last year ,then put it back togeather and off to sheffield might be ok in a garage and time ,great pics and write up would have helped

Post Thanks / Like
    Daxter1987

How did you manage to get the bolts off of the egr valve that go to the exhaust manifiold. They are upside down that connect to the throttle body/egr. I can get to the ones going to the exhaust manifiold though

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just purchased a new Valley Hose for mine to fit in the summer when its warmer. There is a Jag mechanic that told me he has removed several superchargers and leaves the EGR and throttle body elbow behind! Andrew Spiteri from S E Jags.
    Last edited by Stagnite; 13-02-18 at 11:33.
    Currently enjoying:
    2006 S Type R. Slate Grey with Dove Grey Interior. Full Burr Walnut upgrade, Rear DVD screens. 63,000 miles.
    1999 XKR Convertible. Meteorite Silver with Ivory leather. 76k. LOUD pipes. Great!
    Previously enjoyed: 1970 XL6 4.2 1974; 1982 XJS HE V12 5.3 1987 - 1990; 2000 S Type 3.0 manual 2001-2015; 1998 XK8 Convertible Mar/Apr 2016. 2009 Red XK convertible Nov 2016 to March 2017: 2010 All black XKR May to Oct 2017.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast