Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: S Type or XJ ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Having borrowed an S Type for a couple of days I think I can give a bit more now.

I find my XJ8 superb. Aside from the niggles I have had it is really a superb car. Comfortable and great to drive, I could go on about its merits as i am sure other owners could too.
    The S type was 2000 model 3 litre. Of course my XJ8 is superior.

But, this was a pretty good car too. Of course the engine did not pull like mine but it would be plenty for most people. The brakes were certainly not as good. But it was comfortable too and decent ones are available for £1,00 or under. Later ones are even better so I would say try both cars and see which feels right to you.
    2004 Jaguar X350 XJ8 4.2SE Pacific Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    The XJ are just stupidly cheap for the Car you get. I was actually looking on Ebay at an old X300 4.0 sport for about £1000 .
    Why not buy both there cheap enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well both would be a great option, but other aspects like storage and maintenance also have to be considered. Of course I have not dismissed getting an S type as well, it just cannot happen for some time.
    2004 Jaguar X350 XJ8 4.2SE Pacific Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    my personal opinion is the S type with the round cute grill looks prettier than the flattened ones. lol
    im sure that doesn't help cause its "just looks" but as a woman that matters to me. haha... good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmut View Post
    For me it would be S-Type, optimally 4.2 auto, or 3.0 manual.

XJ is gorgeous, but it is too big as a daily driver (in Europe at least). S-Type (and XF) hit the sweet spot re size.

I drive SID a 2003 S type 3.0 petrol
    #ilovemysid #sidthejag

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve just got an s type r and love it
    4.2 v8 supercharged might not be right for you but I tried a 3l v6 it was very nice and the folding backseats gave massive load space
    I would always go petrol especially if you are doing short journeys and lower mileage. I like XJ but just a bit large for me!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345