Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast

Thread: My X358 & Work done

Post Thanks / Like
    I will definitely need to up my game for the next chauffeur run . 6:45 was maybe a little early for booze, though my wife did get a what's app from the MIL saying thanks for the lift and that they were enjoying some prosseco in the VIP lounge lol.

Haha yes we are all a bit mad when it comes to our cars I guess

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Cheers
    Colin.

XJ X358 2.7Tdvi Sovereign, Vapour Grey '08 64k
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=98612
    Range Rover Vogue, 4.2 V8 Supercharged, Grey '08 72k
    http://bit.ly/2kB60lW

Previously
    X Type Sport, 3.0 V6, Racing Green '03 plate 80k.
    http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f69/my-3-0-x-48345.html

2. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coling View Post
    Certainly takes refuse carrier to a new level Jim . I was chauffeuring this morning, picked the in laws up at 6:45 out to Edinburgh airport, although there was a weeks grime my mother in law commented how nice the car was,

Despite the frost I then couldn't resist a quick jet wash of both cars around 11am this morning, snow foam went into actual snow like lumps on the roof of the Range Rover as it hadn't moved yet.

All the best
    Colin.
    Thought it was just me! I like to was my car in the rain! just love that lovely soft water rinsing away. Then smartish like into the Garage for the dry off.

A pleasant way to pass an hour.........................................IP
    2006 3.0Ltr. S type ..... Radiance Red Metallic, Chrome grille complete with Red and Black S Type Growler badge, fully loaded.
    Hands free smartphone connected successfully thanks to members of the forum!

4. Likes Jimbov8, coling, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that any of us need reminding, but cats in general and ours in particular don't like being wet or the cold as we all know

I've had a couple of reminders of this over the past few days

Fuel gauge reading half full after topping up completely, the switching off and on again and all is well.......new one on me?

Reversing out the drive, wet n cold and the sensors playing up again, as usual.....I know full well once she heats up and dries off somewhat she'll be fine again.

Wondering what other little foibles we have waiting to surprise us over the coming weeks / months as the temps fall lower still?

Hoping for a reasonable day towards the end of the week or weekend so I can get her clean......at least for a short while

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Not wanting to temp fate, but so far only my parking sensors, like yours, give the odd chirp to start the day and the odd occasion once I’ve been on the road.
    This weather has certainly brought out the down side of a black car also, “luckily” there is a Polish Car Wash opened up the other end of my town so I can see the odd £4 being spent through the coming months.
    The only other thing I’ve spotted (or not as the case is) that the preheater doesn’t seem to be working. No steam or smoke from the front as many have reported, but that said, the heated seats are super quick!

Post Thanks / Like
    The pre-heater / FFH has two fuses , F35 / 20a in the boot and F21 / 20a in the engine bay.

For whatever reason these are both labelled as ( not used ) in the hand book ...........

The engine bay one is a permanent live , this feeds the controller and the glow plug that ignites the diesel

The one in the boot feeds the electric diesel pump for the heater , this only livens up when FFH calls for fuel.

There are no fault codes if it doesn't work. If the electric water pump / fan etc are u/s it just wont work.
    2009 X358 XJ LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver , 100k + miles
    Bumper reflectors drilled and fitted with 3W side marker lights.
    Fog light H11 lamps replaced with Cree LED's / running as DRL's.

8. Thanks Lester Burnham thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
    The pre-heater / FFH has two fuses , F35 / 20a in the boot and F21 / 20a in the engine bay.

For whatever reason these are both labelled as ( not used ) in the hand book ...........

The engine bay one is a permanent live , this feeds the controller and the glow plug that ignites the diesel

The one in the boot feeds the electric diesel pump for the heater , this only livens up when FFH calls for fuel.

There are no fault codes if it doesn't work. If the electric water pump / fan etc are u/s it just wont work.
    Thanks Eddie, I’ll have a look at the weekend. It would be good if i can get it to work, especially now the weather is a “touch” colder

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, bad news for me, as the heater is noticeably NOT getting hot, and its taking over 10 miles before we get close to comfortable. Heated seats don't seem to be working either. Anyway the technician at Crewe Jaguar, the new main agent a mile from our house says it needs a new heater matrix. What I would like to know is why the damn things block up in the first place. Do I risk paying out for a flush which is not guaranteed to cure the problem, or just bike the new matrix bullet ? The job includes new coolant. VAT at 20% makes bills seriously expensive now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Well, bad news for me, as the heater is noticeably NOT getting hot, and its taking over 10 miles before we get close to comfortable. Heated seats don't seem to be working either. Anyway the technician at Crewe Jaguar, the new main agent a mile from our house says it needs a new heater matrix. What I would like to know is why the damn things block up in the first place. Do I risk paying out for a flush which is not guaranteed to cure the problem, or just bike the new matrix bullet ? The job includes new coolant. VAT at 20% makes bills seriously expensive now.

Well, where are you at with this Fraser?
    Not like you to leave something, so I'm sure you're on with a fix of some sort?
    Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    My god, I swear I'm losing it !!

I reported a few days ago of the usual cold snap issues with the Jag, one of them being the fuel gauge playing up, only reading half full after just topping up?
    Looks like I was looking at the temp gauge

I've only looked at it a thousand times before.....wow!!
    The upside is my fuel gauge is fine lol

Well had a wee road trip today, early start around 5.30am and off to Inverness, cold, dark and lonely, roads nice n quiet, heated seats on with a latte to help me along. The average speed cameras ensure it's an uneventful trip and easy going pace is quickly established.
    Head back down a few hours later, cut off at Dunkeld and cut across heading for the outskirts of Perth, before heading home.

Business was good, car is unbelievably dirty, been in a couple of quarries and mud all along the hind quarters, splashed up along the sills and the alloys are filthy...totally unrecognisable

Made me laugh though, my customer at Perth still had a 20 minute conversation with me as he discussed and peered into the "lovely ole Jag" lol
    Just too expensive for him to consider though he says!

Get home late morning and my Sonax FULL effect wheel cleaner 5 litre tub has arrived, thank you cleanyourcar.com
    Also find I have at last got the service schedule sheets for the XJ X351 in both 3.0d and the various petrol versions, so posted them up into the how to / sticky

There will be a car wash in my future shortly I can assure you.
    Also may be having a wee road trip south on Saturday, heading for Stoke to see my sisters and brother, have a catch up and pay respects to my dad. It's his birthday on the 10th and he'd be 74, taken from me back in '72 when I was 8 years old. Still miss him and feel more than a little short changed somehow lol

Youngest son Connor coming along too so that'll be good, after a night partying hard and in catch up mode, we'll have a storming breakfast and then take a wrath along to the cemetery
    Cheers

Jim

13. Likes Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Jim,

Has the overheating just after filling up cured itself as well? 🙂

Chris
    2008 X358 Sovereign

15. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Ashanti, JimC64 liked this post
Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast