Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Thread: My X358 & Work done

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piousx View Post
    Dear Jim,

Has the overheating just after filling up cured itself as well? 

Chris
    Lol

Yeah, all good now thanks, I clearly have one of those self repairing Jaguars

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Likes PhilDean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Lol

Yeah, all good now thanks, I clearly have one of those self repairing Jaguars

Jim
    I say young Jim - would you care to share where you obtained this rare feature?

Was it part of a recall or simply an enhancement made at a cost to you personally?

I'd make good use of this self-repair option .

Phil.
    Phil Dean.
    2005 V6 3.0 Pacific Blue / Dove Grey.
    Re-named 'Christine'.

4. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilDean View Post
    I say young Jim - would you care to share where you obtained this rare feature?

Was it part of a recall or simply an enhancement made at a cost to you personally?

I'd make good use of this self-repair option .

Phil.
    Hey Phil....

You say "Young Jim" .... love it lol

Unfortunately that's not the case quite so much, in fact therein lies the problem

I don't have a self healing Jaguar ( would love one !! ) but instead find that the "alleged" fault actually lies with me.....numpty!

Haven't had much chance to check, but hope you're making progress with the air suspension fault or maybe it's all sorted now?

All my best mate
    Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm envious that you don't have this problem....

How can you eat up all those miles per year and not suffer?

Long may that remain Jim - stay low and under the radar!

Phil.
    Phil Dean.
    2005 V6 3.0 Pacific Blue / Dove Grey.
    Re-named 'Christine'.

7. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilDean View Post
    I'm envious that you don't have this problem....

How can you eat up all those miles per year and not suffer?

Long may that remain Jim - stay low and under the radar!

Phil.

Copious amounts of lucky white heather Phil

Jim

9. Likes PhilDean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    I clearly have one of those self repairing Jaguars

Jim

Wish i dad one of those.
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=95691
    My S Type Thread ^^^

"Remember don't drink and drive"

You might spill ya beer

11. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as I mentioned in a thread a few days ago, my car was filthy, caked on mud thrown up all along the side skirts, front n rears in a terrible mess and wheels just generally horrible.....NOT a good look!

At this point, with Photobucket having closed access more or less and due to an apathetic attitude to sorting a replacement, there are no pics
    Trust me when I say, the car was hanging!!

Now it's all nice n clean again lol

Pressure washed all the worst off and she was soaked before snowfoaming. All the little nooks n crannies, wheels cleaned thoroughly, under bonnet etc etc. I did actually dry her off too, struggled with the roof as that, the bootlid and most of the bonnet had iced over lol
    Anyway, all good again before road trip south tomorrow....On my way to Stoke with Connor, looking to catch up with my sisters and brother as well as pay a visit to pay my respects to Dad on his birthday on Sunday.

Down on Saturday, back up Sunday......If you're around give us awave
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Dont know if you know about this fix for photobucket or not. Only works on Chrome or firefox . No good for laptops.

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the top right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

Hope this helps.
    2006 xj350 2.7d sport premium Fully converted to a X358. And loving it !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowlink View Post
    Jim Dont know if you know about this fix for photobucket or not. Only works on Chrome or firefox . No good for laptops.

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the top right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks Arrowlink, appreciate that

To be honest I've seen the thread and how to for this dozens of times, I'm just too stubborn / pig headed etc and never bothered, not really wanting to use Chrome either.

That said your post gave me a kick up the rear and I did it, everything all A ok, so thanks for that, much appreciated.

Hope you're well?
    I did hear you were going to have to get rid of the car, such a shame as she's a real beauty
    All my best mate

Jim

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061