Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mongoose V134 install

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not difficult - I run XP VM's (VMWare) on a W8 Laptop.

Oracle VirtualBox seems to run on Mac, also VMWare fusion, but that has a 30 day license.

VM Workstation is very useful (but needs a license key - use your imagination for this.....).

If you don't want the complication then a dedicated laptop is best - just remember to turn off networking when running Mongoose on whatever you end up using.
    2002 2.5 V6 SE S Type in Seafrost green (Soon to have: HID/Dashcam/Touch screen/Sat Nav/Reversing Camera/Std Bluetooth/Voice & Rear Aux Power socket)
    2005 2.0D X Type SE Estate
    (Winter pack/HID's/Dashcam/Touch screen/Sat Nav/Reversing Camera/Voice/ACM/Bluetooth) - Gone to the great scrapyard in the sky

Post Thanks / Like
    I have run a virtual box with on the Mac before, Just everything runs that much slower.

Got my eye on a couple of sub £50 Windows laptops at the moment
    2003/2004 X type V6 2.1 Auto SE with touch screen sat nav.
    Also added sport front grill colour coded and Adamesh lower black grill

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true, the host needs quite a lot of RAM to avoid page swapping, just about increase the RAM on my main pc for that very reason, 2G nowhere near enough.
    2002 2.5 V6 SE S Type in Seafrost green (Soon to have: HID/Dashcam/Touch screen/Sat Nav/Reversing Camera/Std Bluetooth/Voice & Rear Aux Power socket)
    (Winter pack/HID's/Dashcam/Touch screen/Sat Nav/Reversing Camera/Voice/ACM/Bluetooth) - Gone to the great scrapyard in the sky

Post Thanks / Like
    My MacBook has 4Gb but it still struggles running Widows on VMWare, I think the issue is Windows is too bloated in comparison to OS X
    2003/2004 X type V6 2.1 Auto SE with touch screen sat nav.
    Also added sport front grill colour coded and Adamesh lower black grill

Post Thanks / Like
    M$ Windows bloated ? surely not

My W8/Core i3 laptop has 4G and it sometimes struggles - disk access seems to be the cause as it is mostly during the startup or resume phase of a VM, once up SDD seems to run ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrunner99 View Post
    Just want to say a huge thank you to opa for all your help mate, got me spare sony vaio all set up now with tiny7 and v130 mongoose, I have v134 on its way , but can someone tell me the advantage/disadvantages/ differences between them, cheers all
    So no-one knows the diff between the two versions v130 n 134 ?
    05 S-Type X204 2.7D Re-mapped with attitude and two powerflow twin cans on the rear, black diamond combi disks n predator pads..........

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone needs a xp install disc i have one. its on loan to buck at the moment but im sure he will post it on.
    2006 xj350 2.7d sport premium Fully converted to a X358. And loving it !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by graham-r View Post
    Nice job.

When the VDF_J_DVD134_V5 file completes the window says to run another setup from within SDD, didn't see any mention above so.....

From the SDD menu (after VIN has been loaded - or not found) go to settings menu/system utilities and click the button for 'Combined as-built calibration file update' (or something like that). Some magic happens and SDD is happy.

Now dare I try it on my car....
    As an update to this - this is the place you need to navigate to in the SDD software - after the install has completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone point me to where I can download V134 please?

Dave
    Dave

2003.50MY Facelift Midnight Black XJ8 3.5 V8, Electrochromic Rear View Mirror & Electrochromic Folding Wing Mirrors, Heated Dove Grey Leather Memory Seats with 16 Way Adjustment, ARTS Active Headrests, Factory Sat Nav, Factory Bi-Xenons, CATS Air Suspension. Bluetooth & Voice control now retrofitted and working. Currently about to start the rear entertainment retrofit.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast