Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCB Jag legend

Post Thanks / Like

SCB Jag legend

I must post this to salute a true gentleman and giant of generosity of this forum. SCB jag drove all the way from Stafford to Leicester to fit an auxilliary drive belt, tensioner and pulley. This is by no means an easy job and two local mechanics would not even take the job on. As some of you who have met steve on the meetings will testify his laid back personality and sense of humour is very good company indeed. Today was a real nice day as his company was of his usual high standard....even when he informed me he had forgotten the very special tool needed for completing the job. This was a laser 5208...and it was in stafford. Steve was quick to offer to drive back to stafford then return to leicester to solve the issue....a mere three hour round trip??? Legend. We rang aroung a few motor factors but none had them in stock so I got a buddy to make one up for us ....within the hour this was done.

Steve burst into action and set about lying on top of my engine to undo the alternator....but I think he liked my engine a lot.....so much that passers by thought he was bonking it....I agree...especially as he told me to take the battery out first....this is where he placed his naughty bits. The job was completed and along the way he gave me excellent tips on what I could do with my cat to improve its performance....excellent knowledge indeed. He even bought his hand wipes with him, of which I used a few to wipe the battery bay.........

I was treated to a drive in his cat....WOW.....205BHP (eat your pants caruso....the holy grail is nailed).....what ****** pull....unbelievable power along with the ST brakes the experience was simply wicked WICKED (eat your pants caruso....the holy grail is nailed).

This man this legend would not accept payment for his endeavours.....I have of course offered my services free of gharge as a seasoned carpenter or any other way I can be of help, because thats what this forum turns out to be.......SCB jag is testament to the absolute human kindness to be found here and I thank him tremendously. LEGEND.

For the record there is another legend on this forum who really goes out his way to help whatever way he can....he is the Original Caruso .... he is pretty despicable as most have probably found out by now......but I love his bad attitude....another LEGEND!!!!!

PS (eat your pants caruso....the holy grail is nailed)
    Black x type 2.0d Sports premium 2006....black suede, voice control, tv/sat nav....front/rear parking sensors...all the usual jaguar refinements...60mpg averages WOO HOO!!!

Black s type sport 2.5 V6 2004 Grey/Black leather. Sat nav. Xenon heads full halogen sides & fogs. Front/rear parking sensors.....beautiful driving!

2. Likes rich67, gwj, S C B Jaguar, santer, jagryan85 and 16 others liked this post
    chandlerslad
    And THAT is what makes this here X TYPE section the ripping success that it is,,,,,, THE MEMBERS
    please folks, remember that we are the busiest and most successful section on the entire forum... Because WE make it so!
    Ladies And Gentlemen (and geezers) I give you ... The X Type Forum!

OriginalCaruso
    205BHP - past the magic number, well done SCB Jag Steve - Midland Remaps rolling road?

steeveyboy - I'll try and drop in on my way back Sunday, smoke me a kipper!

5. Likes steeveyboy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres an Idea if you have a trade / skill post up what it is so if you need skilled assistance you can trade your talent . my brother is a painter & decorator and I am a sparky by trade although thats not how I earn my crust these days I do all of his wiring install lights alarm systems and he does all my decorating I take my hat off to SCB Jag sounds like a really good man
    3ltr Jaguar XFS portfolio Carnelian Red + 3 ltr xtype 4 x 4 estate British Racing Green
    http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/...3/7J0C2546.jpg

7. Likes steeveyboy, bertieboy9 liked this post
    OriginalCaruso
    SCB Jag isn't a just good man, he is a top bloke and made of "the right stuff"

Enough said

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaman View Post
    Heres an Idea if you have a trade / skill post up what it is so if you need skilled assistance you can trade your talent . my brother is a painter & decorator and I am a sparky by trade although thats not how I earn my crust these days I do all of his wiring install lights alarm systems and he does all my decorating I take my hat off to SCB Jag sounds like a really good man

Great idea toyotaman.........makes utter sense.
    Black x type 2.0d Sports premium 2006....black suede, voice control, tv/sat nav....front/rear parking sensors...all the usual jaguar refinements...60mpg averages WOO HOO!!!

Black s type sport 2.5 V6 2004 Grey/Black leather. Sat nav. Xenon heads full halogen sides & fogs. Front/rear parking sensors.....beautiful driving!

10. Likes bertieboy9, Joaniejag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great guy Steve is,does your car still sound like a tractor though Steve and how's the aircon lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Gynaecologist....... not really but i'll have a bl@ody good look at it for you!!!!!!
    06 XJ350 4.2 Sovereign, Fully loaded in black, Stunning, Previous royalty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow SCB Jag! What a lovely bloke you are!!

I'm an accountant with a sense of humour! Does that count as a skill?? Lol

Does anyone know what bhp mine would be? I just wondered.
    09 XFS 3.0D PL, Black on black, 20" kalimnos. What more could a girl want?

So I open my door to my enemies
    And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
    But they tell me to please go **** myself
    You know you just can't win.

Lost for words - Pink Floyd

I find it sad how people who barely know me or my story act like they have the right to judge me.
    You judging me does not define who I am.... It defines who you are!

Maprika - Sexyxf Diane (I am not a bloke)

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually sexyXF, I've often wondered if you are REALLY an accountant, You're not at all dreary or miserable, The three accountants that i have had in my career have all been miserable Gits.
    06 XJ350 4.2 Sovereign, Fully loaded in black, Stunning, Previous royalty.

15. Likes sexyXF liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast