Thread: Ferrari

Post Thanks / Like

Ferrari

This has to be their worst F1 season in a long time and all the sackings, sorry resignations draw more publicity to their woeful situation although perhaps they are needed. Seems a long way from the glory days of the Todd, Brawn and Schumacher era.

What amazes me it that the team seem to have unlimited resources and Ferrari can make some of the finest road going super-cars in the world but just can't seem to produce a competitive F1 car. Hiring Raikonen again was a very strange decision he's just not consistent enough. Their problems will get much worse if Alonso goes - he has to be one of the best drivers in F1 and manages to get the most of the inadequate cars he is given but he wants another championship and he must be doubting that he'll get that with Ferrari although not sure where he could go to get a better chance.

Dark days for a once great racing team
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously 52 plate 2.1 V6 Adriatic Blue, 6 cd autochanger,auto climate control,clear side indicators (still with me for now!)

Post Thanks / Like
    It happens to all F1 teams though. Williams were in the wilderness for years and now they are starting to come good, Force India are starting to take shape and Mercedes have produced a fantastic car that no one can get anywhere near, reminds me of the Redbull days.

The other team that are doing terrible is Mclaren, ever since they opened their road car division, the F1 team has just gone downhill.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2006 (2007 MY) indigo blue.

Mods: Power-fold door mirrors, ally weave dash trim, late model chrome stalks, XKR pedals, ACM kit, Speedpack Spoiler, XKR exhaust, late model seat and window switches, Alston Suede roof lining, Upper/Lower Mesh grilles, Redstuff pads all round. Aerial removed and re-located to spoiler.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Mercedes have produced a fantastic engine, mainly due to the turbo being further away from the engine than anyone else has managed to do and succeeded in making a chassis to harness it. Anyone who follows F1 knows that Alonso is the driver out there, and must be getting very frustrated with Ferrari's lack of technical ability in most departments right now. McLaren have the Merc engine but the chassis is poor, and it remains to be seen what Honda can do for them next year, I can't see Alonso joining them again as long as Smiling Ron is there. Williams have done really well and still progressing, they could edge out Ferrari in the constructors.

I think the fundamental problem is the lack of testing, in the name of money saving. Whoever comes out of the starting blocks quickest at the beginning of the season is usually the one to catch up with but with so many prohibitions on modifications, testing and financial constraints it makes it very difficult and can lead to a 'runaway' team and therefore a pretty boring season.. again.

What makes me titter a bit is that Renault fought for all these engine changes yet they don't seem to be working out too well for Renault, oh the irony!
    Previous : 1992 3.2 XJ40, 1997 4.0 V8 XJR - Current 2003 4.2 Black STR

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda have the advantage though of seeing what the competition have done this season, incorporating it into their own build and can do as much bench testing as they want. Which has annoyed Mercedes, they're saying Honda have a big advantage for next season. I think with the new people they have taken on board they will do extremely well.

With all these new changes it just shows that it really was the car that powered Vettel to all those wins!

Alonso has shot himself in the foot as his Ferrari contract is long term and all the top teams have their drivers on long term contracts except Mclaren. Hamilton's contract ends next season with a release clause back to Mclaren if he wishes to.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2006 (2007 MY) indigo blue.

Mods: Power-fold door mirrors, ally weave dash trim, late model chrome stalks, XKR pedals, ACM kit, Speedpack Spoiler, XKR exhaust, late model seat and window switches, Alston Suede roof lining, Upper/Lower Mesh grilles, Redstuff pads all round. Aerial removed and re-located to spoiler.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    As has been the case quite often, Abraham, I understand every word you say but not the order or context you place them in. Sorry. Could you enlighten me and the other reader what your last post has to do with Ferrari and F1.
    Ex. 2006 XJ Sovereign, 2.7 Diesel. Now just a Forum watcher.

6. Likes Irish Pappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's English, Jim, but not as we know it.
    2010 Kyanite Blue/Caramel 5.0 XKR

8. Likes Bladevane, Irish Pappy liked this post