Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well...It didn't take me long...I'm a V8 owner! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Well...It didn't take me long...I'm a V8 owner! :D

Well after talks with people on the forum and at Eden Camp an extremely difficult decision has been made.

It was the choice between an XJR or... something some people will now dislike me for (maybe, probably lol) The problem was I loved the XJR, Andy's one was amazingly quick, fast, and as I said earlier did make some skirts fall down! I love the styling - the lines, the classic twin lights and big wide grille. the sleekness of the low roof and the shear length of the beast with those big wheels made it look a proper pimp mobile. Problem was going from an X type to an XJ308 in some way felt like a step back. Most of you will think I must be mad blurting out such a quote but most of if not all of you know I like my modding. Engine aside I feel the XJ is lacking in the modding department. I can't even change the stereo for a double din dvd for a start, let alone go retrofitting goodies what I could of done on the X. As my X was well specked with heated seats, heated front windscreen, auto everything, sat nav ect most XJR's I've saw don't come with any of that, lots are lacking cruise control even a cup holder would of been nice! But still the driving experience was one that I had never experienced in a car before, the comfort was extraordinary and the power delivery was exceptional and I will never forget that. But....

So I had a long hard think about it and decided a more modern V8 similar to an X-type was the most viable option for me, to go for.

I pick her up next week

So there you go, my new Jag. Of course, she isn't perfect, she won't be until I get my greasy hands on her! I already have plans of swapping out the whole interior for black leather, adding the aluminium dash fascia, a massive set of exhaust boxes so she roars and a few other tweeks and touches. I'll also be putting aside a few quid each month so I can get her professionally supercharged, but even for now she puts a smile on my face as she pulls very well!

I know as from next week I will officially be an S type owner and I know I have said some bad stuff about them in the past, but they're all not too bad. I also know some will not like me posting on this forum now but I just want to say I won't be posting on the dark side either. I believe the X type section is where I belong, where my mates are (what's left of them lol) where I made my status on this forum so I intend to stay here regardless of what car I have on the drive.

Ryan
    Last edited by jagryan85; 28-09-14 at 18:04.
    "One shall not fix something if something need not to be fixed"
    2005 4.2 V8 S-Type Executive - Sat Nav with Reverse Camera, DVD & TV, Headrest Monitors, Winter Pack - Auto HID's & Wipers, Headlamp Washers & Heated Seats. F&R Parking Aid, Power Folds on Lock, Mesh Grille, Memory Seats, 18" Mercury's, Towbar, Privacy Shades, Parrot MKi9200, Dash Cam, Loud Cans.
    Previous: 01 X-Type 2.1 SE, 01 X-Type 2.5 SE, 02 X-Type 3.0 Sport
    Summer Toy - 2001 Suzuki SV650S in Midnight Blue

OriginalCaruso
    Ryan,

Those of us who know you respect your decision. S Types are nice cars, the issue hasn't been with the car - note past tense

I look forward to hearing more, though I *thought* you might go for an XJR instead

As for modding the XJR, I'd love to do more BUT time is the issue

Anyway, I think the Dash Clock will fit an S Type, and if you ever want any electrics advice, I'm more than ready to help

3. Likes bertieboy9, Joaniejag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After having a go in TyPeteR's STR I can see why you have gone for one. Loads of toys and loads of power Will you be bringing it up to Beamish?
    2001 2.5 x-type SE Manual. Topaz.
    Retrofits: CD changer in the boot, Mesh upper grill, 55W 5000K HID dip beam, LED side lights, LED DRL fog lights, Front and rear facing dash cam, Remote power fold wing mirrors, Split rear folding seats, AUX in, Dash clock, Rear door tread plates and Red wheel centers

Stercus accidit

5. Likes jagryan85, Joaniejag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll let you off Ryan. Stay on the X forum
    Just a family of cat lovers.
    2.2 Sport Premium Diesel Auto Estate, Liquid Silver, 57 plate with 18 inch Abaco alloys plus all kinds of electrical gubbins, Xenon lights, DAB radio that only works on FM, ACM, 10 way, heated, quilted, leather seats, ridiculous silver dials that can't be read when your lights are on and it isn't dark eg fog, blue tooth, Jaguar voice, Sat Nav, now with added voodoo juice

7. Likes jagryan85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking motor, can't fault your reasoning.
    Personally I like the S as well, bit don't tell anyone
    2005 S-Type 2.7 SED Arden stainless steel exhaust system
    XS Rear Bumper
    Aftermarket Double Din Android unit with Radio/Satnav/DVD/Bluetooth/wifi/Reversing camera and loads of android apps
    Powerfold mirrors on double lock
    Privacy Blinds

9. Likes jagryan85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations lovely looking motor.. Love a v8.. I have a soft spot for s types
    x351 xj portfolio...

previous jags, daimler super v8, 2 x xjr (all x30 stype 3.0 sport..

11. Likes jagryan85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good man, enjoy her she looks good, but I'm sure she'll be far better in your hands. Black interior will be very good start.
    62 Jaguar XF 3.0d S Premium Luxury Saloon. Ultimate Black
    20" Hydra's • Heated/Cooled Charcoal Memory Seats • Reverse Cam • Autofolding Mirrors • Heated Screen • Meridian Sound System • 275bhp • XFR Quad Exhausts • XFR Diffuser • Illuminated Treadplates

13. Likes jagryan85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andy, I was hoping you would of said something on the lines of what you just said. I completely understand what you mean though about the cars not being the issue....

I was so close in buying an XJR - problem was the only decent ones I saw in my price range were to far to travel with the possibility of being let down. If they were closer to me I most probably would have bought one. You could spend all year modding the engine and getting a million more horsepower of her but the inside and toys would still be on the slim side.

You know you'd be the first one to turn to for advice!

Ian, yes I think a go in his car was the decider - just a quick and nimble car which felt light and sporty, if it wasn't for him, I think I may have turned the other way! Don't blame Pete though, it was my decision and I think in the long run it was the right way to go.

Beamish? Of course!!!

See you all there
    "One shall not fix something if something need not to be fixed"
    2005 4.2 V8 S-Type Executive - Sat Nav with Reverse Camera, DVD & TV, Headrest Monitors, Winter Pack - Auto HID's & Wipers, Headlamp Washers & Heated Seats. F&R Parking Aid, Power Folds on Lock, Mesh Grille, Memory Seats, 18" Mercury's, Towbar, Privacy Shades, Parrot MKi9200, Dash Cam, Loud Cans.
    Previous: 01 X-Type 2.1 SE, 01 X-Type 2.5 SE, 02 X-Type 3.0 Sport
    Summer Toy - 2001 Suzuki SV650S in Midnight Blue

15. Likes X-type_Bobstar, N/A, Joaniejag, Caggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh why you will struggle to fit supercharger if at all to much to change car looks good .now a proper str very cheap ending on ebay in 30 mins lol

17. Likes scm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good home Ryan, I have been thinking the same as you for a while now need a petrol VI in my life again BUT the better half is not a fan of the S type she says it's a girls car!!! Her words not mine. I looked at a couple of XJR 308 and to be honest my X has more toys until you look at the 350 models then you get the lot but the prices are way out of my range. So good choice on your part and hope you enjoy it as much as your X.
    05 xtype estate 2.o D se Pacific blue with full champagne leather sat nav electric everything 6 CD changer etc.
    green stuff pads and M TEC dimpled and grooved discs all round
    FULL BLANK ON EGR AND CATCH TANK
    Full frontal HID conversion, mesh grills, illuminated rear plinth, auto fold on lock wing mirrors , puddle lights and projectors, heated washer jets
    rebuilt turbo and upgrade intercooler De Cat pipe by Kelsport
    2004 X350 XJR ​4.2S/C V8
    PETROL HEAD AND CAR MAD FOOL

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast