Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton.World Champion.

Post Thanks / Like
    well deserved win,Reminded me of Nigel Manssel with the union flag gives us Brits something to be proud of. Like him or not still think it is a shame Nicos season ended the way it did. Hope to see J B again next season and would be nice to see Paul Di Resta back as well
    2005 X type 2.0 se diesel estate. Finished in British racing green,mesh grille, full black leather,electric heated seats(luxury) Green LED interior lighting, Limo tint rear windows with leaper decals, built in sat nav phone etc all the toys in fact if she had a tv I would never be in my lounge. Upgrades to be done include, mesh grille under bumper,some nice black and polished alloys and some special paintwork to be done on the bonnet. The wife christened her the Mistress

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Lewis .but I think the real winners this year are the Williams team .....How to rise from the ashes !!
    I'm an Ex , X type owner X2 .. Petrol man & auto..

Now I'm a Yeti & Fabia owner Petrol man & auto..

Post Thanks / Like
    true it was nice to see.LIKE
    2005 X type 2.0 se diesel estate. Finished in British racing green,mesh grille, full black leather,electric heated seats(luxury) Green LED interior lighting, Limo tint rear windows with leaper decals, built in sat nav phone etc all the toys in fact if she had a tv I would never be in my lounge. Upgrades to be done include, mesh grille under bumper,some nice black and polished alloys and some special paintwork to be done on the bonnet. The wife christened her the Mistress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    Yeah, a very worthy winner. And to think the "experts" were saying how stupid he was leaving McLaren for Mercedes!
    I wonder if Seb can do the same at Ferrari ....
    I just cant see it happening.Luca Di Montezemulo wanted Ferrari to be an `all Italian`team and that doesnt work.It`s just chaotic.Get the BEST people in,no matter their nationality,and go from there.
    You definitely need British expertise in there and some British reserve.I love Italians but they are just too passionate about Ferrari and their hearts rule their heads.
    Agree with all the Jenson comments but Ron Dennis has no compassion whatsoever,or loyalty,so I think J B`s F1 days are numbered but 15 years in F1 is one helluva career.I think he`ll be racing Webber in WSC next year.Good luck to him.

Steve
    O5 Jaguar STR in Ultraviolet metallic.Warm charcoal/Dove leather.and brushed ally interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta agree with everyone, brilliant win for Lewis, apparently his decision to move to Mercedes was helped by some insider info at the time I also though it a mistake - how wrong I was.
    I'm also saddened by the loss of JB, he's outperformed K-Mag all year and driven that dog of a car to better positions than it deserved, I think it's frankly disgusting that they have likely let him race his last F1 race without the chance of any celebration - I will never forgive them.
    Seb to Ferrari, an interesting move, from a poorly performing Renault powered car to an equally poorly performing Ferrari, it will be interesting next year, although there are rumours (denied at the moment) that a certain Mr Brawn may be returning to Ferrari - which could make it as genius a move as Lewis to Merc.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djdex;712642
    Seb to Ferrari, an interesting move, from a poorly performing Renault powered car to an equally poorly performing Ferrari, it will be interesting next year, although there are rumours (denied at the moment) that a certain Mr Brawn may be returning to Ferrari - which could make it as genius a move as Lewis to Merc.[/QUOTE]

Ferrari need to take urgent and decisive action if they stand any chance of being in the top teams in F1 in future. Ross Brawn would make a lot of sense if he would go and be given a free hand on how to manage the team.
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously 52 plate 2.1 V6 Adriatic Blue, 6 cd autochanger,auto climate control,clear side indicators (still with me for now!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Lewis has matured as a person this year, especially in the latter half of the season. A good guy, great driver and with a good team.
    Vettel has been overshadowed by his team mate and jumped ship. I wish him luck at Ferrari, I think he will need it.
    As for JB, probably my favourite current driver, vastly under-rated by people who just see the superficial aspects of speed. He is a top man in every respect, let down by a poor car. In each team he has driven for in the last 11 years he has outscored his team mates. Deserves better than Ron Denis. Ron's decision making is the only thing slower than his cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news that JB has kept his seat at Maclaren!
    He is a great ambassador for the sport and a great guy, as well as a superb driver.
    With Alonso and Button they now have two of the best and most intelligent drivers around, and I look forward to next season all the more!
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

Post Thanks / Like
    So which teams have the strongest driver line-ups? My halfpence worth is: McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams, Ferrari.............

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say Maclaren and Mercedes are equal first: In my view Alonso and Hamilton are the best drivers, though Button beats Hamilton in every department other than finding the absolute limit in wheel to wheel racing...... But in my book that makes Hamilton the better driver.....
    I know you can't really compare drivers from different eras, but Senna had it all: The wheel to wheel racing but also the ability to analyse race situations and react to maximise his chances. I don't think anyone has equalled him since, though Alonso comes very close.
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast