Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC to end its F1 coverage

Post Thanks / Like
    That would explain why David Coulthard seems to have been named as one of the presenters for Top Gear. Probably needs to supplement his income as a retired F1 driver! Don't know if Eddie Jordan will stay on - quite liked some of his controversial comments.
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously 52 plate 2.1 V6 Adriatic Blue, 6 cd autochanger,auto climate control,clear side indicators (still with me for now!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Comes to something when the 'behind the scenes' features are more interesting than the race itself.

Used to love F1 but sadly not now.
    I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left! - Seasick Steve 2008

2013 XF 3.0L, Premium Luxury, Crystal Blue/Ivory
    previous 2011, XF 2.2L, Premium Luxury, Claret/Ivory

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    UK to lose live free-to-air F1 coverage in 2019 with new Sky deal

Live free-to-air coverage of Formula One in the UK will almost completely end in 2019 as Sky has announced a new deal to broadcast the sport exclusively.
    The British Grand Prix will continue to be shown live on a free-to-air channel, a Sky spokesperson told F1 Fanatic, along with highlights of the races and qualifying sessions from the other rounds.
    Sky, which first broadcast F1 in 2012, has signed a new deal running up to 2024.
    The news signals Channel 4’s three-year deal as broadcaster, announced at the end of last year, will not be extended.
    Sky will also begin broadcasting F1 in Ultra High Definition from next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was gutted when Sky took it on but now it's the only reason I have Sky. Best coverage by far.
    Love the sport but would love to see more racing instead of the rules and politics that all to often spoil it these days.
    Pity we lost Lotus this year. Loved the black and gold livery, just like the JPS days.
    Loved the look so much I brought a Lotus type 72 (call it a mid life crises).

Post Thanks / Like
    Bernie at his finest again,

Junior Member jaguarpartsadvisor-kyle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's just going to lose fans now :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarpartsadvisor-kyle View Post
    It's just going to lose fans now :/
    I'm one of them. I have followed F1 for 45 years, and still watch all the practices as well as qualifying and the race itself, but with lower and lower levels of enjoyment over recent years.
    Nowadays I often snooze during the race, surfacing only when the voices become animated: That must mean there is something wrong! OK it may be partly due to age, and partly the large G&T which keeps me hydrated while watching, but it is mostly down to boredom.
    IMHO F1 in its current form is not worth paying to view, so it will be goodbye from me.
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Ivory seats and Sable carpets

Post Thanks / Like
    I too used to love F1, but am now looking forward to the start of the BTCC season.
    Real racing and affordable to watch.
    I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left! - Seasick Steve 2008

2013 XF 3.0L, Premium Luxury, Crystal Blue/Ivory
    previous 2011, XF 2.2L, Premium Luxury, Claret/Ivory

Post Thanks / Like

Plato et el for proper racing

[QUOTE=Daverichardson;849064]I'm one of them. I have followed F1 for 45 years, and still watch all the practices as well as qualifying and the race itself, but with lower and lower levels of enjoyment over recent years.
    Nowadays I often snooze during the race, surfacing only when the voices become animated: That must mean there is something wrong! OK it may be partly due to age, and partly the large G&T which keeps me hydrated while watching, but it is mostly down to boredom.
    IMHO F1 in its current form is not worth paying to view, so it will be goodbye from me. [/QUOTE
    Could not agree more, like it or not Bernie does not give one jot for spectators of any kind, be they paying to enter a circuit or TV, as long as he is paid by circuit owners BGP at Silverstone, a classic example, or Governments. The Classic GP's are fast disappearing, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, all gone to be replaced with states whose Government wish to make a political point, and so Bernie can appear along side of the powerful, except the BGP where a club stumps up the folding for it to continue.
    PS Are you related to or perhaps the man himself whose foray in to F1 was so short lived?

Post Thanks / Like
    I <might> even be tempted to pay S** there vast monthly fees if F1 brought back proper cars like the Mansell/Prost/Piquet era snorting turbo beasts.

They were genuinely awesome.
    2002 2.5 V6 SE S Type in Seafrost green (Soon to have: HID/Dashcam/Touch screen/Sat Nav/Reversing Camera/Std Bluetooth/Voice & Rear Aux Power socket)
    2005 2.0D X Type SE Estate
    (Winter pack/HID's/Dashcam/Touch screen/Sat Nav/Reversing Camera/Voice/ACM/Bluetooth) - Gone to the great scrapyard in the sky

11. Likes Daverichardson liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast