Thread: Mobile style/version only shows single last post on each thread

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile style/version only shows single last post on each thread

Hello pals.

A major problem:

For the past couple of days, when I select a thread on my Android mobile to open it using the right arrow at the right side, only the single last post in that thread is shown now, and no previous posts in that same thread like before.

To see the previous posts and pages in the thread I have to delete the "&p=xxxxxx" in the url, reload the page, and then manually go to the last page each time.

It's tiresome!

Can you fix it asap please?

The "#postxxxxxx" bookmark jump (at the end of the url) does not take me to the last post either. It does nothing when I change it to any other post number.

Some forum software has an automatic "#lastpost" bookmark which takes us to the last post in each thread, can that be implemented here please?

One more problem: when I click the "..." Menu button, when I select "Messages" or the button above ("Profile"), the Search button blinks instead and i get an error message saying set more constraints (because of no search criteria set).

Also happens when I have a pm and try to open it, when I click on the message, I get a "No message selected" error. It's always been like this, not a new problem.

And one last while I'm at it please: can the general forum Search function be set to look for all words in the search bar as a "phrase" instead of "any of these words" please? It will make the search function much more effective.

Otherwise very good, very nice.

Thank you admins.
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 14-05-16 at 11:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've edited the post above, it wasn't accurate so please recheck it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    More info...

When we reply to a thread, again only the single post we just wrote is shown.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news.

Purely by chance the problem of only showing a single post is solved...

Out of curiosity I clicked on "Full Site" then "Display", then "Switch to Threaded Mode". Didn't like the format of that mode.

So I clicked "Display" again and selected "Switch to Linear Mode".

Then when I was browsing the forum again, I could see previous posts in the thread as well as the last post, and the thread page selector icons are also there again.

So this "problem" is just "Hybrid Mode" was set. In the Mobile style, the post threads are not shown in the header.

The mystery is how Hybrid Mode came to be selected, I didn't do it. ?

So now there is just the problem of "Search" being selected instead of "Profile" and "Messages" in the vBulletin "..." Menu, and when trying to open a message from the Inbox, please.

And if you can modify the Search function to search for a phrase (all the words in the search bar instead of any of the search words)...

If not, or if there is an option to do that which I should have selected, then please let me know?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 15-05-16 at 11:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    So give me a clue anyone...

Do we have no admins here?

Or is an admin already looking into it?

Or am I asking the impossible?

Or is this something I should know and is not worth any response?

Or can't anyone be bothered to answer?

Ello?...

Barney100golf
    try sending a PM to Rory direct and see? you are posting in how to use the forum??

7. Likes james25 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did that and waited several days but no response, Barney.

I know Rory is doing the admin and hosting and maintenance, and he has an awful lot on his plate, but these problems need a response.

I thought one other two other administrators should be authorised and capable to share this sort of work in such a heavily used forum board.

Customer service sure isn't as good here as it is on our Forum, is it Barney?

Come on, any admins/moderators, can't anyone be bothered to check the problem and help out, or at least give me some response and bring it to Rory's attention?

I couldn't see another forum to report these problems.

If it's my mistake I need to know asap please and I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this?

Thank you in anticipation.

Post Thanks / Like
    This problem is in Opera Mobile browser.

It works as it should in Firefox.

So no action needed.

Other than for someone to reply!
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 05-06-16 at 16:49.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay, The forum works in all major browsers (Chrome, IE & Firefox) without any issues, as always we cannot ensure it works for every version of every browser as we do not design the software, If there are any updates to be applied to the software I apply them... thanks.
    Rory - Jaguar Forum Administrator - Help Support the Forum