Thread: Anyone regret buying the f pace

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the look of the new RR sport

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Not for you James ?
    paul, my uncle was a chief engineer in the merchant navy, after that worked for jaguar browns lane, Coventry for 25year, ive got family still working for jaguar today, I get invited to all new showings off jaguar cars in Scotland, when the ftype was first shown up her it was down at some big very posh hotel near Erskine, jimmy went off course free lunch and a shoot in one same with the new xe had one for weekend all black inc weels windows etc got a photo off it on me photobucket thing, got invited to unvailing off fpace to Glasgow again a blue 3ltr job , to much like a combo off xe and evoike think inside not for me

Post Thanks / Like
    I had vans running in and out of Solihull early in the year and there were a lot of F Pace parked up within the Factory.
    I guess there must be some component sharing but to what extent I don't know. It does mark a radical departure for
    Jaguar and I saw some publicity material that talked of the F Pace driving like a typical Jaguar in that it had some sporting
    pretensions, I guess it has to be marketed somehow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Can I ask you did you consider or test any other AWD products from the JLR stable or indeed any other manufacturer.
    I realise of course they are a recent model but still comparatively a rare sight
    No I did not consider any other AWD products.I have always been pleased with the 5 new Jaguars I have purchased since 2004.1 XType estate,2 XF saloons and 2 XF Sportbrakes so the new F Pace was a natural choice for me.I have been disappointed that Jaguar have reduced the features always previously included with a Portfolio spec on the F Pace making them chargeable extras now but I blame my dealer for not making this clear. Jaguar have not handled some of the early problems some buyers experienced well and have been slow to react with solutions,but as my own car has been trouble free in 1661 miles I am happy.
    2016 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO ( Now Rejected and awaiting replacement)IRR.sienna tan,privacy glass, tilt roof,space saver. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

5. Likes james25 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    good mate we all like diff thinks one mans meat anothers posion etc

Post Thanks / Like
    You would want a new one Jim because after the warranty is up they have no value in my opinion. I told the father that last year and
    he was talking to a mechanic in Taggarts who said " your sons right "

8. Likes james25 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    taggarts are very good, first class I pop in now and then they all know me

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind reply and its nice to hear you are happy with your purchase.
    It was a natural choice simply because it was a Jaguar and you simply fancied one ?
    What I am trying to find out is where the typical owner is likely to come from, you are
    a Jaguar man and have purchased one on that basis, I wonder what its selling point will
    be to those outside the Jaguar Family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by james25 View Post
    aye and over rated to
    Definately not overrated.Maybe a bit overpriced as there is no discount. It does exactly what is claimed very well in style!
    2016 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO ( Now Rejected and awaiting replacement)IRR.sienna tan,privacy glass, tilt roof,space saver. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly I am beginning to feel like a dog with a bone here and please can I state from the outset I imply no disrespect
    to either yourself or your purchase. What does it do exactly? I assume you have no off road requirement and that is an
    old cliched debate I have no wish to enter, but you already said you bought it because it was a Jaguar so what does it
    do thats Jaguar Like ? It really could be a re badged Land Rover for all the Jaguar Pedigree it has.
    How in your opinion have Jaguar succeeded in imbibing the F Pace with Jaguar Like qualities other than the badge ?

13. Likes james25, N/A liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast