Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Anyone regret buying the f pace

Post Thanks / Like
    I had plans on making a 300 mile trip to purchased a used one with 994 miles that someone had already traded in. Apparently they wanted something bigger. I initially thought it was a deal, but after I built the same one on the website I realized they are selling it for $500usd less then the original sticker price. I know new they are selling at msrp, but there is no way I'm spending the time and money to drive that distance to save only $500. Especially knowing that the original buyer has already taken the initial hit with depreciation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    I just wonder what sort of buyer is in the market for an F Pace and on what basis they would purchase one. Is it the initial exclusivity, can the Jaguar heritage be applied to such a vehicle,indeed does it even matter. It just seems to me to be "Brand Stretching" and I wonder about its success and where its likely to draw its ownership from.
    it is the fastest selling vehicle in Jaguars history, just picked up the 3.0s petrol supercharged 380 bhp version and it is superb, probably one of the only ones about, everybody's buying diesel, had an F Type 3.0s as well, which was also superb.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're due to collect our V6 petrol in three weeks. It's replacing an X-Type estate and is the only option for us as a family wagon if we want to stick with Jaguar.
    2008/08 X-Type Estate 2.2D Sport Premium in Shadow Grey
    2005/55 MINI Cooper S JCW

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a 3.0S petrol supercharged - I am disappointing, I moved from a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid and cant believe the difference. The Jag is undoubtedly quick, but a real bone rattler, no comparison to the smooth and quick ride of the Porsche. Also build quality is incomparable. I'm techy so was turned on by all the toys in the Jag, oh what a mistake, without rambling on, you can easily search any forums to discover the myriad of issues. Carefully consider your decision. In hindsight a low end version, minimally spec'd would be good value, if thats what your looking for, I was'nt.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear that's not good to read.
    Personally I'm not a great fan of large 4x4s, but there is no denying that there is a very strong market demand for such vehicles, so it is understandable why Jaguar have joined the race. To me though, the F-Pace is not the best looking of its type, and sorry to say to me it verges on the side of ugly.
    You can put that down to my taste,which to give you an idea, is that I thought the Rover 75 Mk1 and the 2005 facelift S-Type cars were very good looking cars indeed. The current Jaguar styling takes some getting used to but I'm beginning to come round to it.
    Hopefully the curves of the S-Type and XK x100 and x150 will make a reappearance again in the future.
    Regards,
    Telfer.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to love the F-Pace as I'm looking for a medium size SUV. Drove a Porsche Macan which as excellent apart from offset pedals and bone shaking ride, It needs air suspension to be perfect and re-engineered pedals. I went an sat in an F-Pace, the 3lt diesel S. The sticker price was over £60k. Well it's not a £60k car inside in my view. I didn't bother driving it as the interior just won't do. The 2017 Range Rover Sport can be had for a few Thousand more and that is now a better interior. I can understand people buying the 2lt diesel for £40k with toys but I feel Jaguar are having a laugh with their pricing. New F-Pace or 6 month old RR Sport??
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me!
    (Courtesy of Pink Floyd)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    rr sport

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you sum it up well Cheshire Cat.I was asking in another thread what was the attraction to the F Pace and it turned out
    it was purchased simply because it was branded as a Jaguar. My better half came home from work yesterday and informed me
    that she had spent the day in one as a fellow lady solicitor, had just taken delivery of the 2ltr Diesel on a leasing agreement through
    her husbands business and there in a nutshell probably is Jaguars Target Market. Like Telferstr I am not a fan of the SUV but at that
    money it would be the Range Rover every time.
    As regards the current Jaguar range as a whole, I can find very little to get excited about, the XE and XF are not for me and the XJ I
    find to be both colour sensitive and something that grows on you very slowly, In my humble opinion it is still unresolved when viewed
    from the rear. My next Jaguar will be either a 5ltr XJ or a late 5ltr XK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally collected our V6S and no regrets at all. Yes it doesn't handle like my JCW Mini but the kids have a lot more room in the back and the engine noise is fantastic. Had a couple of issues with the media not recognising my phone but that was a phone rather than car issue.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456