Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drive line vibration

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent a letter to my dealer and on December 5th they accepted my rejection and a replacement 2.0 F Pace Portfolio was ordered and is scheduled to be built on 5th February. My dealer was not prepared to allow me and my car to be beta testers for Jaguar who were not confident about finding a solution to the drive line vibration present from delivery.
    Jaguar CRC and Amellia in particular have been brilliant in dealing with my complaint and arranging a 66 plate F Pace from yesterday until delivery of my replacement in February. My loan Vehicle has restored my faith in the F Pace again and is totally different in that it has no vibration and is noticeably quieter so some obvious improvements have been introduced to production since last June. Lesson learned. Do not buy a new car until it has been in production for at least 6 months and the shake down problems have been sorted out. All in all a good result.
    2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO Odyssey red,Latte ,privacy glass all round,space saver, USA size plates. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

2. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah good advice and a good result. I am glad that CRC came through for you also, though with the money you have spent
    and the fact that its a newly launched model it could easily have been a PR disaster had they been otherwise.
    Good luck and all the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an excellent result but a shame that they could not resolve the problem with your original car. I presume your car will now be back at Jaguar to enable a full investigation to take place, so they will be able to get to the bottom of the cause and therefore know what is required should it occur in other F-Pace vehicles.
    Well done and wish you well with the new car when it arrives in February.
    Also, credit where credit is due, to Jaguar, for taking the appropriate action to resolve the problem.
    Regards,
    Telfer.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

5. Likes reddiesel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would consider that it is highly unlikely that my old car will be returned to JLR. It was reregistered FN 16 DZY when I took my private plate off last week and I will expect the dealer will sell the car as it is and get the best price that they can for a one owner 6850 mile immaculate IRR example. A yummy Mummy on the school run will hopefully not notice the drive line vibration so a win win for everyone!
    2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO Odyssey red,Latte ,privacy glass all round,space saver, USA size plates. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

Post Thanks / Like
    The main thing is you are happy with the outcome.

You are right some drivers likely wouldn't notice the issue. My wife wouldn't notice a wheel falling off!

Part of the risk of buying a new to market model.

Had a few little teething problems with a Subaru years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the Gov website your old car is SORNED
    Vehicle status - SORN in place
    2008 XKR Soft top

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I put in on SORN in order to obtain my road fund duty refund quickly which worked very well.
    The dealer still has the car on their sales stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjl View Post
    I had an issue with vibration in my XJL. A very slight vibration that you could just about feel through the steering wheel.

It was solved by getting the wheels Road Force Balanced.

Everybody I knew with an XJL for Chauffeur work noticed this very slight vibration.
    Road force balanced?
    JAGUAR S TYPE 2.7D SE AUTOMATIC 2006 79,000 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Collected replacement 2.0D F Pace on March 1st this time in Odyssey Red which I am very pleased with. Hoping very much that I will have a problem free time now and enjoy.

12. Likes t0m4ever liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12