Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drive line vibration

Post Thanks / Like

Drive line vibration

I have covered 2600 in my Sportbrake and I still have the very annoying drive line vibration which has been there since day one.It appears when accelerating at 50mph and again between 68 and 72mph and gives an uncomfortable noise harshness and vibration through the car. I happened to be talking to a motoring journalist recently and he told me that he had encountered exactly the same problem on a 2.0 Sport he had been testing.This was reported to Jaguar and he was informed that it was a problem that they were already aware of which I find interesting because the lady at Jaguar CRC told me she had never heard of it. Car is now booked in next week for investigation and hopefully a cure because I am not putting up with this as it spoils a good car.
    2016 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO ( Now Rejected and awaiting replacement)IRR.sienna tan,privacy glass, tilt roof,space saver. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has this issue been resolved to your satisfaction,I note we are a month down the line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vehicle back in for more investigation this week at 4000 miles and no improvement. Jaguar are insisting that the rear suspension upgrade is carried out even though I have not experienced the creak as my build date was early July. Dealer and I are convinced that my problem has nothing to do with the rear suspension but more likely gear box or drive shaft balance related. Delaying tactics I think but if the drive line vibration is not resolved I will be giving notice of rejecting my F Pace within the 6 months allowable period.This IS a problem Jaguar are aware of on the F Pace,although denied initially by CRC,but a motoring journalist reported a similar problem back to the press office after doing a road test on a 2.0D Sport press car recently.
    Last edited by Hydrajaws; 11-11-16 at 12:14.
    2016 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO ( Now Rejected and awaiting replacement)IRR.sienna tan,privacy glass, tilt roof,space saver. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrajaws View Post
    Vehicle back in for more investigation this week at 4000 miles and no improvement. Jaguar are insisting that the rear suspension upgrade is carried out even though I have not experienced the creak as my build date was early July. Dealer and I are convinced that my problem has nothing to do with the rear suspension but more likely gear box or drive shaft balance related. Delaying tactics I think but if the drive line vibration is not resolved I will be giving notice of rejecting my F Pace within the 6 months allowable period.This IS a problem Jaguar are aware of on the F Pace,although denied by CRC,but a motoring journalist reported a similar problem back to them after doing a road test on a 2.0D Sport press car recently.
    Good afternoon Hydrajaws,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concern surrounding your vehicle. Should there be anything I can assist further with, please do not hesitate to PM me your vehicle and contact details and I would be more than happy to assist where necessary.

Many thanks,
    Amellia
    Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice.

5. Likes Administrator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update Hydrajaws, I am glad you are taking a strong line with your issue, I am not too sure about the value of the CRC reply, time will tell I guess so fingers crossed for you.Can I ask if you would consider another F Pace as a replacement, I hope you haven't lost confidence completely

Post Thanks / Like
    I am awaiting the visit of a Jaguar person to my dealer to drive the car as the problem still persists and is getting more irritating for me. They will have another opportunity to identlfy and solve the problem or I will commence the rejection process. Yes I would have a replacement as I like all other aspects of the car but not a driveline vibration.
    An interesting development is that Auto Express contacted me re my problem with F Pace and I understand that they have contacted Jaguar about ALL the problems that owners are suffering and why cars are being rejected.Should make interesting reading if it gets to publication.
    Last edited by Hydrajaws; 09-11-16 at 07:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not good publicity for Jaguar. Hopefully they will get a grip of the situation and show the likes of Auto Express that they are in control and taking appropriate action to remedy the various problems reported.
    The last thing Jaguar needs is an MG Rover situation, where the press severely harmed that companies reputation.
    Regards,
    Telfer.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

9. Likes reddiesel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am awaiting the visit of a Jaguar person to my dealer to drive the car as the problem still persists and is getting more irritating for me. They will have another opportunity to identlfy and solve the problem or I will commence the rejection process. Yes I would have a replacement as I like all other aspects of the car but not a driveline vibration.
    An interesting development is that Auto Express contacted me re my problem with F Pace and I understand that they have contacted Jaguar about ALL the problems that owners are suffering and why cars are being rejected.Should make interesting reading if it gets to publication.
    Hi Hydrajaws,

Thank you once again for your post.

Can I please kindly request that you provide me with your vehicle and contact details in order for me to investigate this further for you.

Many thanks,
    Amellia
    Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an issue with vibration in my XJL. A very slight vibration that you could just about feel through the steering wheel.

It was solved by getting the wheels Road Force Balanced.

Everybody I knew with an XJL for Chauffeur work noticed this very slight vibration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates so far ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast