Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect trim

Post Thanks / Like
    It was unveiled from under a cloak registered with my address & personal plate so did take delivery

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to say that was a mistake. As soon as it goes out of the showroom that is it. It becomes second hand etc., and all sorts of problems will arise.
    Hope you can get things sorted out to your satisfaction.
    Regards
    Telfer.
    Last edited by telferstr; 27-10-16 at 19:01.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully some good news from Grumpybear this week, CRC will be into their second week of investigating.

4. Likes james25 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dealer can replace the trim to the factory standard. It would be the roof lining, roof console, grab handles, etc, and the upper pillar trims. None of which are at all hard to replace, just time consuming, and new clips would be used as standard practise. I would not be too worried about a replaced trim causing rattles. Having owned many Jaguars over the years, both used and new, I can guarantee your car will develop rattles at some point whether the trim is replaced or not. The annoying rattles are how you know it is a real Jaguar car.

Your order form will have contained a line similar to "Jaguar may, at its discretion, change any of the specifications for any reason."* The different trim colour will fall under that clause as far as they are concerned, so if JLR give you any redress it will be goodwill. They would never take your car back as you did not buy it from them, you bought it from a dealer, and they only buy back cars that have future liabilities. Unless your car is a common spec that will shift on easily and is still unregistered I would not expect the selling dealer to either. It depends how much money you have, and will, spend with them as to whether they want to do anything. They will be paying for the replacement trim themselves. Jaguar will likely offer you their standard "£1k towards extra accessories" which is basically their auto-reply to new car complaints. I would reject that and ask for an extended warranty instead as that would be worth more to you in the long run.

If you bought the vehicle cash then you may be able hand it back to the dealer and order a new one, it depends on your sale contract. If you bought it on finance you may not be able to do that without penalty. I always write clearly on any sales order "Specification to be as above, otherwise I reserve the right to withdraw without penalty." I have not had to fall back to it yet, but as long as the dealer agrees and signs it too it makes it their problem should I want to reject it.

* The reason for that clause is because occasionally a supplier cannot get the as-ordered parts to the factory in time for your build slot so they will provide a compatible part instead. JLR like many manufacturers operate a just-in-time supply chain rather than holding dead stock in a warehouse so they cannot just delay a build as it would ceate factory downtime.
    2015 F-Type R 5.0, White, full spec with CF pack, Mods: 360 camera
    2010 XJ LWB 3.0D, Grey, Mods: BSM, 2013 RSE, DAB, LED headlamps, Faster touch screen, Illuminated vents
    2004 XJR 4.2, Silver, Mods: 2008 facelift inside & out, RSE, BT, SC pulley
    2004 XJ 3.0, Grey, Mods: RSE, BT
    2004 X-Type 2.0D, Mods: full spec infotainment, RSE

6. Thanks Grumpybear thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dealer has replaced trim and as goodwill gesture paid for 5 year service contract
    There is still a problem with the Incontrol touch Pro which will not activate the live apps despite having the latest software update
    Apart from that now pleased with the vehicle

8. Likes x-dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Grumpybear;948676]Dealer has replaced trim and as goodwill gesture paid for 5 year service contract
    There is still a problem with the Incontrol touch Pro which will not activate the live apps despite having the latest software update
    Apart from that now pleased with the vehicle[/QUOTE

That's good to hear and hope the other matter (Incontrol touch Pro) can soon be sorted out and trust the car is now as you wished it to be in the first place.
    Enjoy!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Telfer.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dealer days they have had another vehicle with the same connection problem
    Shows 3G connection but does not drive the live apps
    Said it was the SIM card in the other vehicle that appeared to be connected but did not work
    Tried dealers Sim card (O2) and it worked fine.
    It appears that some Sims do not work as they should. Mine is on Vodafone contract so going back to them.
    Might have to get Sim from different network if they cannot sort it
    In the meantime have connected with I phone hotspot & it works fine including the route planner
    Does anyone know what the cost is after the 3 year period ? incontrol licence expires after 3 years !

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news all-round Grumpy Bear, Happy Bunny?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    did jaguar CRC help in any way?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Good news all-round Grumpy Bear, Happy Bunny?
    Final problem with In control Pro
    Tried 3 known good sim cards the car will not read any of them
    Dealer says will replace sim card reader Monday but I think this is not the problem
    Car will not access any external Wi Fi networks now including I phone hotspot so I think the unit may have to changed. Apart from this now happy with the car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast