Thread: Adding InControl Connect Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Adding InControl Connect Pro

Hi,

I have received my F-Pace 3 weeks ago and just realised that even though I have InControl Touch Pro, I didn't add InControl Connect Pro mainly due to my dealer making a mistake when it is supported in my region. Do you know if I can add it now even though the vehicle has already been delivered? Also generally speaking how feasible is it to add more extras after the car has been delivered?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Just wondering how you got on with this as I have the same problem. Did you make any Progress??
    Would appreciate any info on how you got on.
    Regards
    B

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be a sizeable and expensive mod to perform on any of the new cars. Be best to find a written off car with all the required parts (screen, modules, wiring looms). This would more than likely have to be programmed to the car when fitted. Lots to do, dash out job being likely too.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    That would be a sizeable and expensive mod to perform on any of the new cars. Be best to find a written off car with all the required parts (screen, modules, wiring looms). This would more than likely have to be programmed to the car when fitted. Lots to do, dash out job being likely too.
    My car has the ICTP pack fitted so screen etc are all there. What is missing is the Sim Card slot and from what I can gather a CAV module and maybe a module for the sim card functionality and possibly some leads. Came across info on an xF forum where somebody had retrofitted the bits, sounded reasonably straight forward for someone who knows there way round car tech so think it is possible. Problem is JLR aren't interested and dealers haven't a clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally the WiFi hotspot option was a £320 option on early XF and F-Pace cars with the ICTPro. Later being bundled in free as part of the iCTPro on later models. The XE and XF have the SIM card module next to the rear seat release catches under the fixed rear shelf. Not sure where it is on the F Pace, the manual should direct you where it should be though.

It's all well and good getting the modules and wiring loom, but the ICTPro itself would need reprogrammed too and I don't know if that's available to the public yet like it is on earlier cars with using a Mongoose cable and IDS/SDD.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide