Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost down the side of the seat - removing the drivers seat?

Post Thanks / Like

Lost down the side of the seat - removing the drivers seat?

I have lost a valuable piece of jewelry down the side of the seat next to the tunnel. I have tried everything to get it out (I can just feel it with the tip of my finger) but it is so tight that it is impossible to get a grip on it with anything. So it looks like my only option is to take the seat out (drivers). It looks like 4 x torx bolts has anyone tried this?
    Last edited by noizyboy; 07-11-16 at 13:40.
    4.2 XK8 2004 & 2016 F-Type V6S

Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes to get it out.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

3. Thanks noizyboy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Undo the battery first as there are side airbags in those seats. Wouldn't want it going off without discharging the system, just incase you knock a cable.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2006 (2007 MY) indigo blue.

Mods: Power-fold door mirrors, ally weave dash trim, late model chrome stalks, XKR pedals, ACM kit, Speedpack Spoiler, XKR exhaust, late model seat and window switches, Alston Suede roof lining, Upper/Lower Mesh grilles, Redstuff pads all round. Aerial removed and re-located to spoiler.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

5. Thanks noizyboy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Undo the battery first as there are side airbags in those seats. Wouldn't want it going off without discharging the system, just incase you knock a cable.
    That was one on my concerns, will disconnecting the battery cause other issues?

Post Thanks / Like
    You will have to reset any memory functions and the windows.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you make a hook from a paper clip or coat hanger etc? might save you some time, but does depend on the shape of the jewellery...
    Cheers
    Mike
    2005 X-type 2.2D estate 16" wheels & michelin snow tyres for the winter season

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mike
    Tried everything and I think my efforts have made it worse, as it is now half buried under the seat rail, thanks for the suggestion!
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Been there, done that, used lots of bad words (that the system would notice...)
    Best of luck anyway,
    Mike
    2005 X-type 2.2D estate 16" wheels & michelin snow tyres for the winter season

Post Thanks / Like
    Take it to the local garage, get them to do it and pay them with all the coins they retrieve while they have the seat out
    Salsa Red F type V6S, 20 inch turbine wheels, performance seats, meridian, carbon fibre pack, reversing camera and other bits I will remember at some point

Post Thanks / Like
    Magnetic tip telescopic rod or a piece of warm chewed bubblegum stuck on the end of the rod? I've used that to get bits that have dropped into awkward places, or I have one of those 4 fingered spring loaded grabbers which is about 600mm long, and the rod part is like a big bendy thing One of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLEXIBLE-L...YAAOSwzJ5XYDyK
    In July 2017 I'm cycling 100 miles in the Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100 to raise money for the Sue Ryder charity. Please donate whatever you can afford. It is all extremely appreciated and it goes to help people with many different terminal illnesses nearing their end of life, to make them more comfortable. Thank you.
    http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GoDazGo
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=94689

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast