Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jaguar Xtype

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ng4xjs View Post
    My Dad is well into his 80s and still enjoys driving. Unfortunately I've so far been unable to get him out of a Merc and into a Jaguar. Even worse my mother, also in her 80s drives a Skoda

Happy Days

Nick
    They must both be retired taxi drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really indianphil,my 04 2.0 diesel 85,000 miles has never let me down In 4 years of ownership,returns 60 mpg on a run,and 45 around town,3 litre petrol will be lucky to get a quarter of that mpg.its also quiet at all speeds,have you ever driven one,I bet not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cogs67 View Post
    Really indianphil,my 04 2.0 diesel 85,000 miles has never let me down In 4 years of ownership,returns 60 mpg on a run,and 45 around town,3 litre petrol will be lucky to get a quarter of that mpg.its also quiet at all speeds,have you ever driven one,I bet not.
    I'm sure you're correct, regarding fuel economy, but "quarter of the mpg"? I think a 3 litre petrol will get better than 12mpg!

Have you ever driven a 3 litre petrol I wonder? It begs the question about what is a real Jaguar? An asthmatic 2 litre diesel, or a rorty 3 litre petrol? Grace. space and ???
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12