Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sketchy Jaguar X-Type MOT History?

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't the chain good for 200,000+?
    Unsure of belt, will examine paperwork again now

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a chain, not a belt. There's too much wrong with it, walk away.
    In July 2017 I'm cycling 100 miles in the Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100 to raise money for the Sue Ryder charity. Please donate whatever you can afford. It is all extremely appreciated and it goes to help people with many different terminal illnesses nearing their end of life, to make them more comfortable. Thank you.
    http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GoDazGo
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=94689

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't think so one of the xtype guys could tell you better but its got to many jobs needing done to it, and if that's needing done well its costly

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    their you go

Post Thanks / Like
    No disrespect to you Ryan but I wonder if you know what your looking at regards History and as we all do on here I speak from experience
    and having paid for it in the past when I was much younger. Six owners in ten years and a complete service history,I really doubt that.
    Forget it and we will try and find you something on here.
    I don't know how set you are on a Jaguar but if its just a durable estate you are after then another one to consider is the Subaru Forester,
    not a "car of the moment" but those that have them speak very highly of them,and depending what your use is of course,a far more durable
    product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see Welsh Rogue has an Estate for sale on this Forum,don't know if thats any use to you?

Post Thanks / Like
    In April it failed due to:
    Reason(s) for failure
    offside rear Braking system leaking (3.6.A.1) - Suggests neglect by the owner, not checking fluid levels regularly.
    offside Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b) - Probably just a bulb
    nearside rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded outter sill (2.4.A.3) - Sills rusted badly isn't good. They will require welding = £££
    offside rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded outter sill (2.4.A.3) - Sills rusted badly isn't good. They will require welding = £££
    offside Front wheel bearing rough when rotated (2.5.A.2) - Pricey, but easily fixed
    nearside rear Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded outter sill (5.2.6) - Sills rusted badly isn't good. They will require welding = £££
    offside rear Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded outter sill (5.2.6) - Sills rusted badly isn't good. They will require welding = £££
    Advisory notice item(s)
    nearside front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i) - Irrelevant, usually just means the discs are not brand new
    offside front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i) - Irrelevant, usually just means the discs are not brand new
    steel wheels fitted at time of test - Suggests the tyres on the original wheels were probably knackered.

If there are no receipts to prove that all of the above were fixed, then walk. It's easy to take a car to a dodgy MOT centre and get a clean MOT.
    2005 Jaguar S-Type R in Ebony Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the advice guys.
    I walked away.
    Damn shame cus it was a fine car.

Still in the market 🤗
    Gotta be estate - not bothered about which engine so long as it's been looked after and mileage isn't too high (200,000+) preferably around £2,000.

I'm not solely set on a jag, but have always wanted one and I appreciate a good spec! Which you don't often find with Saabs/Fords/Subaru etc
    I've had subarus in the past and we don't get along very well 😏

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you send Welsh Rogue a PM on this Forum and see what the position is with his X Type Estate,
    if you check the Jaguar Cars for sale section you will see his message.Failing that the internet is full of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coolant leak? It's nice that he has been honest but would rather try find one without any leaks.

Just found this little beauty:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152318217280

But having just done an MOT check, it has suffered from very similar corroding issues - there seems to be a pattern emerging here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast