Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar F-type V6s MOD

Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar F-type V6s MOD

Hello everyone, I have a 2015 V6s F-type.
    We all knew that this beauty only has 380hp and I wanna make her stronger.
    Is there any good brand of tuner or something else can turn her up?
    The only thing I found is a brand called "eurocharged". They have their tuner and supercharger pulley for sale which can gain 100hp.
    Let's talk guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-481539609.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a mob in the US called Velocity AP with a very good reputation who do tune and pulley kits and more (eg cats) for the F-type, both V6 and V8 versions.
    Plenty about them on this forum: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/
    They currently have a 40% off sale on certain kits, and I'm waiting to find out if that includes the ECU tune + crank pulley kit for the V6S, see this thread: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-...2016-a-172916/
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!!! It's really useful and they are doing 40% sale now. What a deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lijianxi1996 View Post
    Thanks!!! It's really useful and they are doing 40% sale now. What a deal!
    Unfortunately for us V6 owners the 40% off sale applies only to the tune and not the oversize crank pulley. But it's still a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJagXFS View Post
    Unfortunately for us V6 owners the 40% off sale applies only to the tune and not the oversize crank pulley. But it's still a good deal.
    yea that's fine for me, there's a sale for pulley from Eurocharged. $100 only and 30bhp gain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lijianxi1996 View Post
    yea that's fine for me, there's a sale for pulley from Eurocharged. $100 only and 30bhp gain
    That Eurocharged pulley is the upper S/C "snout" pulley which from all reports is a lot more trouble to fit than the VAP crank pulley.
    Also it's not clear if the VAP tune would work well with the Eurocharged upper pulley.

Post Thanks / Like
    That Eurocharged pulley is the upper S/C "snout" pulley which from all reports is a lot more trouble to fit than the VAP crank pulley. Also it's not clear if the VAP tune would work well with the Eurocharged upper pulley.
    omg that's terrible

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the V6S tune kit from VAP, the one without the oversized crank pulley, it will take a few days to get here. Once I have installed the tune and run it for a few days (sometimes it takes a while for the ECU/PCM to fully adapt) I'll report back. In theory there is not a big increase in max HP or torque, but there are significant increases "under the curve" especially in the mid-range, and the throttle lag is much reduced. I bought the tune mainly for this throttle lag issue, I find it annoying that in D and even in Dynamic mode there can be quite a lag before it decides to really get going, I much prefer the almost instant response of my tuned XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the V6S tune kit from VAP, the one without the oversized crank pulley, it will take a few days to get here. Once I have installed the tune and run it for a few days (sometimes it takes a while for the ECU/PCM to fully adapt) I'll report back. In theory there is not a big increase in max HP or torque, but there are significant increases "under the curve" especially in the mid-range, and the throttle lag is much reduced. I bought the tune mainly for this throttle lag issue, I find it annoying that in D and even in Dynamic mode there can be quite a lag before it decides to really get going, I much prefer the almost instant response of my tuned XFR.
    Any word on the results ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiserj66 View Post
    Any word on the results ?
    Yep, one word.
    Fanbloodytastic!
    Much better throttle response throughout the rev range, especially from 4,000 rpm through to the red line, it just pulls and pulls where the stock tune ran out of puff a little at the top end. And this is on an S let alone a Base.
    Lots of rave reviews on other forums from owners who have put the VAP tune on a Base V6, so taken it from 335 bhp to around 410 bhp.
    I've had the tune on for 11 months now and not a single problem, I now have a larger crank pulley + belt + tensioner being fitted on 15 Jan next year which will take it to around 450 bhp at the crank. Several reports that this mod & tune is an even bigger step up than what I already have done and it really brings the car alive. The only complaint so far from those who have fitted the large crank pulley is that the throttle response can be a little too "snappy", but I like snappy!
    And if it's too snappy for you the blokes at VAP are happy to tailor a further custom tune for you free of additional charge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast