Thread: The annoying automatic start/off

Post Thanks / Like

The annoying automatic start/off

Is there anyone in this forum knows how to reprogram the system to turn off the automatic start/off?
    I don't think I'm the only one who owns a F-type feeling it's so annoying that the first thing you need to do is to press the button then drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lijianxi1996 View Post
    Is there anyone in this forum knows how to reprogram the system to turn off the automatic start/off?
    I don't think I'm the only one who owns a F-type feeling it's so annoying that the first thing you need to do is to press the button then drive
    If you have one of the earlier F-Types with two batteries then it's a really easy and simple fix, and this was the first thing I did when I got my F-Type home.
    Simply disconnect the positive lead from the secondary/smaller battery and tie it down out of the way (I used a zip tie). The smaller battery is on the RHS of the boot, simply lift and remove the cover panels to access it.
    This completely disables the annoying stop/start function and doesn't effect anything else.
    If however you have a later model with a single battery then I don't know if there is a fix let alone what it is.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    very useful comment! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a FYI for those who have the VelocityAP tune on their car, it seems they have a version which can disable the ECO mode (I've been testing it and it works out fine). Apparently they found a way to wind out the timeout value so the car never falls asleep (!) - the button still works as normal and you can turn it off as you used to but so far I haven't had it cut back in with the button on. Yay!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that the F-Type doesn't have an override button for this useless gimmick. My wife's XF does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJagXFS View Post
    If you have one of the earlier F-Types with two batteries then it's a really easy and simple fix, and this was the first thing I did when I got my F-Type home.
    Simply disconnect the positive lead from the secondary/smaller battery and tie it down out of the way (I used a zip tie). The smaller battery is on the RHS of the boot, simply lift and remove the cover panels to access it.
    This completely disables the annoying stop/start function and doesn't effect anything else.
    If however you have a later model with a single battery then I don't know if there is a fix let alone what it is.
    Update.
    I got it wrong, it was the negative lead to the secondary battery that I disconnected, not the positive lead.
    Even easier is to disconnect the earth lead which runs from the negative terminal, from the spot it is bolted down to the floor. Just remove the 13 mm nut, lift the lead off the bolt, and tie the lead out the way.
    For the later F-Type with a single battery, just disconnect the plug shown in the red rectangle below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Single battery stop-start disable small_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	23253
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.