Thread: The annoying automatic start/off

Post Thanks / Like

The annoying automatic start/off

Is there anyone in this forum knows how to reprogram the system to turn off the automatic start/off?
    I don't think I'm the only one who owns a F-type feeling it's so annoying that the first thing you need to do is to press the button then drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lijianxi1996 View Post
    Is there anyone in this forum knows how to reprogram the system to turn off the automatic start/off?
    I don't think I'm the only one who owns a F-type feeling it's so annoying that the first thing you need to do is to press the button then drive
    If you have one of the earlier F-Types with two batteries then it's a really easy and simple fix, and this was the first thing I did when I got my F-Type home.
    Simply disconnect the positive lead from the secondary/smaller battery and tie it down out of the way (I used a zip tie). The smaller battery is on the RHS of the boot, simply lift and remove the cover panels to access it.
    This completely disables the annoying stop/start function and doesn't effect anything else.
    If however you have a later model with a single battery then I don't know if there is a fix let alone what it is.
    2010 XFR, Kyanite/Ivory/Black Pack/Dark Oak, 20" Coventry Whitley wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    very useful comment! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a FYI for those who have the VelocityAP tune on their car, it seems they have a version which can disable the ECO mode (I've been testing it and it works out fine). Apparently they found a way to wind out the timeout value so the car never falls asleep (!) - the button still works as normal and you can turn it off as you used to but so far I haven't had it cut back in with the button on. Yay!