Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that answers my question Thanks guys ..... Again, I was having a senior moment obviously! ...... too many balls in the air!!!

quick update ... things going ok but looks like my touch panel was duff ...... even got the Ukranian guy to remote into my laptop as I thought the controller was U/S. Blimey, he gives good support .... superb. The symptoms were extremely rapid and random "touches" ....... just ordered another one.

Chris ...... it's the same touch panel you have .... does the touch work either way it's turned as it looks the side with the tidy black border should be the side that faces you!!!

Also, did you get your oem touch matrix sorted out or know whats causing to not work??
    2003 S Type V8 SE
    Retrofits:- Voice, premium amp, ACM, bluetooth, OEM park sensors, auto wipers, STR rear lights, rear blind, OEM spoiler, XF stalks
    Upgrades:- Autofold mirrors, Audiocontrol LC8i, JL Audio XD7005v2 amp, JL Audio C3-650 front, JBL coax rear, JL Audio 6W3v3-4 (x2) subs, Alpine Ezi-DAB, LED interior, mesh grills, Adamesh exhaust
    Maintenance:- Recon propshaft, new discs, new w/pump, new belts, new EBP, gearbox refurb
    To do:- Android nav, video converter, rear camera

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries Jon happens to us all!

By the way is anyone off to Cosford next Sunday? I'll be there and happy to give a demo of the system if anyone is interested, Chris would be good to see your capacitive screen if you are there?

Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ben ... no I won't be going unfortunately. Other commitments.
    2003 S Type V8 SE
    Retrofits:- Voice, premium amp, ACM, bluetooth, OEM park sensors, auto wipers, STR rear lights, rear blind, OEM spoiler, XF stalks
    Upgrades:- Autofold mirrors, Audiocontrol LC8i, JL Audio XD7005v2 amp, JL Audio C3-650 front, JBL coax rear, JL Audio 6W3v3-4 (x2) subs, Alpine Ezi-DAB, LED interior, mesh grills, Adamesh exhaust
    Maintenance:- Recon propshaft, new discs, new w/pump, new belts, new EBP, gearbox refurb

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonUp View Post
    Chris ...... it's the same touch panel you have .... does the touch work either way it's turned as it looks the side with the tidy black border should be the side that faces you!!!
    Oddly I found that the touch panel only works in one direction and its the one that makes the least sense - the side with the tidy black boarder is the side that goes away from you and the side you touch is the side with the exposed tracks.

When I installed my touch overlay, I fitted an anti-glare film (this makes a huge difference) and then fitted black tape to each side to just cover the tracks. If it works out like mine you will not need the tape at the top and the corners of the tape will be out of the frame so will not be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by JonUp View Post
    Also, did you get your oem touch matrix sorted out or know whats causing to not work??
    I've never taken my unit back out to sort my OEM touch matrix; have just been enjoying the Odroid capability. Must say that after a few weeks use I have reached the conclusion that there is little point in the capacitive touch membrane - I have never used it other than to 'try it out' as I never look at pictures and the TomTom App has a nice +/- button set for zooming in/out.

I do need to sort my OEM touch matrix out at some point - I hardly use it but it is annoying to not be able to make phone calls or adjust the car settings...
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by benwillcox View Post
    No worries Jon happens to us all!

By the way is anyone off to Cosford next Sunday? I'll be there and happy to give a demo of the system if anyone is interested, Chris would be good to see your capacitive screen if you are there?

Ben
    Wow Ben that's lucky - its right on your doorstep!

I'm not going to be able to make this one; but might in the future. When I get the chance I'll try to make one of those helpful videos everyone else has made - showing the capacitive operation in action. I need to find time to pull the unit out and sort some of the niggles soon too!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Chris.

While I'm waiting for my replacement touchpanel I've been getting on with the enclosure that will house the odroid, UPS, hifi shield, mini amp and relay.....

Attachment 22828
    Attachment 22829
    Attachment 22830
    Attachment 22831
    Attachment 22832
    Attachment 22833

Also successfully tested the audio switcher with the relay that will turn off the miniamp when I select Odroid Audio output through the ACM.

Attachment 22834
    Attachment 22835

So all looking good so far!!
    2003 S Type V8 SE

7. Thanks C16RKC thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats the mini amp for

Post Thanks / Like
    It's an i2s amp so I take the feed to the hifi shield and piggy back wires to the mini amp that drives the 3w speaker that gives me odroid audio when I'm listening to a different audio feed such as my ipod or radio. The relay shuts it off when I select odroid audio through the acm/jag system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ben I was wondering if there's a way I can send the touchscreen in to you guys instead of doing it on my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeron View Post
    Hi Ben I was wondering if there's a way I can send the touchscreen in to you guys instead of doing it on my own.
    Hi Jeron, I've had quite a few requests for this so am considering offering this service. Send me a PM and we can talk about it.

Cheers,
    Ben
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast