Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What you doing from now on?

Barney100golf
    yes good night to you all, keep the peace

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    See you tomorrow if your still alive in a virtual sense Barney. I hope you've got a get out of jail free card.

3. Likes N/A, andiandphil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MontyV8 View Post
    Then if that is the case why close down the playground, it was the most popular thread.
    It is not the playground which has been closed, but it is the most popular thread in the playground!
    Your guess as to why is as good as mine, but I think he is drawing a line under what went before, and inviting a fresh start.
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

5. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, Ian D liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daverichardson View Post
    it is not the playground which has been closed, but it is the most popular thread in the playground!
    Your guess as to why is as good as mine, but i think he is drawing a line under what went before, and inviting a fresh start.
    noted........................

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is, such actions are counter productive.
    Closing a thread and inviting to start a new one will cause people not to bother. If people don't bother then there will be fewer ads served. As Ian explained this morning ad revenue helps,keep the site going. The old thread had over 400,000 views. My estimate is that google paid about £2000 for these but it's a loss for all however you look at it.

8. Likes MoabUtah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you doing from now on?

I'm going to resist the temptation to try and follow TWO totally surrealistic threads at the same time.
    Night night all

Oh - edit .... edit .......... edit. Didn't realise us kids had been chased out of our previous playground and that the council had closed it due to health and safety stuff. I quite liked the wonky roundabout and the slightly frayed rope swing.
    Anyway .......... does this new bit of the playground have bouncy tarmac (I quite like green please) and can we have one of those slides that don't tear your trousers when you come down face first. (Still remember that embarrassing moment when I was 12 and Mary Elliot saw my naughty bits 'cos I was showing off).
    Oh - and can we have an ice cream stall please- I missed that on the other thread.
    Last edited by DevonDavid; 21-12-16 at 23:18.
    David.
    XK8 Convertible 4.0 - 1997. Aerial switch, boot lid switch, remote key-fob operated hood, & tensioners replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverichardson View Post
    It is not the playground which has been closed, but it is the most popular thread in the playground!
    Your guess as to why is as good as mine, but I think he is drawing a line under what went before, and inviting a fresh start.
    My thoughts exactly Dave and as you say, drawing a line under what went before and inviting a fresh start for all.

Probably in line somewhat with the thread started by BigE that was lost about "Please consider others on this forum"

The Playground as you say isn't closed, just one thread. The ending seemed to be carry on with another thread if you choose, just play by the rules and all will be well

Seemed fair I thought
    Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi SE Quattro 176bhp Stratos Blue, Front & Rear park assist, Comms Pack High, Sline grille badge, 19" 7 twin spoke RS4 alloys,
    Rear tints, Dipped bulbs 80W, Mainbeams 100W, Foglights 100W, Number plate bulb LED's, Interior bulb LED's, First Aid Kit

11. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Dislikes N/A disliked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The first morning of the new thread.

A very good morning to all who partake of this, the old crew, and anyone new who likes a little good natured banter.

Just for a change, I seem to be the first one up and about. I haven't caught up with last night's natter, so I can't really comment on what, if anything occurred, sorry to see the old one die so suddenly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have just ploughed through the chat of yesterday evening, and can see nothing that could have caused the thread to be closed; sheer volume, perhaps?
    Anyway, a couple of responses:

Ed: "Ugh, students! Don't got trying to reason with them about important issues. You've got more chance of getting a unanimous agreement here on any given subject."

There didn't seem to be a student in the place, except possibly most of the staff, who performed a first class job dealing with several large groups in a thoroughly professional manner; credit where it's due.

Good news about your business.

Ed: "Mandela has been portrayed as a saint for years but people forget he was head of the UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. In the 80's he oversaw at least 7 bombings which killed many women and children. Western history is biased sometimes"

Both history, as it's taught, and our media when presenting current affairs; not sometime Ed, always, in my experience. When I arrived in Pakistan in 1978, I was in an entirely different country from the one portrayed by our "quality" press and other media.

Ed: "It's also worth pointing out that the world is now full of the new phenomenon of "The professionally offended". People seem to take offence at the slightest things rather than either considering the manner of which they were said or the context. A sorry state of affairs really"

Indeed it is.

MontyV8: "32 years ago 1984 I hardly had anything, Me in the centre of the group of three at the Old Tilbury Dock picking up a 22 ton Rather large Silo tank."

I imagine that most of us have been there Stan. My life has ranged from aspiring middle class affluence as a child, to far too much easy money in my early twenties, then a couple of years almost destitute as a result of my own youthful arrogance, followed by recovery aided by good fortune and some humble pie, and a few minor ups and downs in more recent years. I think that despite my occasional remarkable stupidity, someone up there has always looked out for me, by teaching me a lesson when I've needed it.

Barney, how's the dog's leg?

14. Likes BigE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonDavid View Post
    What you doing from now on?

I'm going to resist the temptation to try and follow TWO totally surrealistic threads at the same time.
    Night night all

Oh - edit .... edit .......... edit. Didn't realise us kids had been chased out of our previous playground and that the council had closed it due to health and safety stuff. I quite liked the wonky roundabout and the slightly frayed rope swing.
    Anyway .......... does this new bit of the playground have bouncy tarmac (I quite like green please) and can we have one of those slides that don't tear your trousers when you come down face first. (Still remember that embarrassing moment when I was 12 and Mary Elliot saw my naughty bits 'cos I was showing off).
    Oh - and can we have an ice cream stall please- I missed that on the other thread.
    You old blokes aren't half demanding

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast