Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What you doing from now on?

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have boated most of my life,this will be my third boat.

Our plans are to use it as it is for the first year,this will let me see what needs doing to improve for the future.

Mechanicaly,she's sound,the guy I've bought from is not only secretary at NBC but a retired haulier,his last job on the engines was to fit each with a new Weber!
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    I too have boated most of my life,this will be my third boat.

Our plans are to use it as it is for the first year,this will let me see what needs doing to improve for the future.

Mechanicaly,she's sound,the guy I've bought from is not only secretary at NBC but a retired haulier,his last job on the engines was to fit each with a new Weber!
    Well your in the best part of the country to take advantage of it thats for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    The first time I ever really paid any attention to the different sounds of car engines was as a kid, my old mans Dolomite Sprint
    had a high pitched sound when revved, which sounded ok but in the next road lived a bloke who was an only child with comfortably
    off Parents and he had a 1973 3500S V8 Rover in a lovely Red Colour brand new at the time.I can still hear it now almost 45 years
    later it was like a Jet when he floored it to the top of the road.
    Dolomite Sprint

Never had one, but paid BSM the £20 for a 4 hour Motorway Lesson after I'd passed my test and yes you've guessed it, Drove one

Having took my lessons (£2.25 an hour) and test in a Toledo I had a direct comparison, thought I was driving a rocket.

Like as not and being 19, it was that £20 that has led to a life long endeavour to own the top of each make and model since.
    Silentum Sicarius

Born 24 November 2005
    Jaguar Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase 412GW Dashcam for the idiots in front of me
    Nextbase 312GW Dashcam for the idiots behind

My Showroom Thread

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 ES Td5
    A 7 seat, go anywhere family bus
    Back up and running, ready for the summer

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, today is Friday and the last day off, so have a few things to tidy up

Off out to see my mate in Shotts later and have a catch up, got him into an X type a year or so ago and he loves it, long overdue as its been a while

Back in the day when I was teaching my sons to drive in Airdrie, as that was where they sat their test, used to pop in to the local Morrisons for some car parking lessons, then a brief chat and maybe a few bits n bobs from their excellent rotisserie.
    The laughs we used to have at their parking attempts ( which they got good at quite quickly were funny ) then half time change ends and swap sons, munch on a few Cumberland rings and a can of Red Bull, then of for phase 2 lol

Think I'll stop by there tomorrow and treat myself, chill and watch the world go by, as you do lol

Then back home, get the car freshened up for the weekend, then sort out the night away at that famous hotel in Erskine with spa day, lunch and hot n cold running chambermaids for the weekend away that the kids bought us for Xmas.

Then boom, before you know it, it's Friday night, roll on the weekend!!

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi SE Quattro 176bhp Stratos Blue, Front & Rear park assist, Comms Pack High, Sline grille badge, 19" 7 twin spoke RS4 alloys,
    Rear tints, Dipped bulbs 80W, Mainbeams 100W, Foglights 100W, Number plate bulb LED's, Interior bulb LED's, First Aid Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    Dolomite Sprint

Never had one, but paid BSM the £20 for a 4 hour Motorway Lesson after I'd passed my test and yes you've guessed it, Drove one

Having took my lessons (£2.25 an hour) and test in a Toledo I had a direct comparison, thought I was driving a rocket.

Like as not and being 19, it was that £20 that has led to a life long endeavour to own the top of each make and model since.
    Yes 1998cc 127bhp and 0/60 mph in 8.5 sec a great engine in a rather poor body especially for corrosion.

My old man owned one of the first couple of thousand produced which were all in MIMOSA a shade of yellow (NUS 575M which is a Glasgow Registration)

and later replaced it with a later model (JSG 669T) which funny enough was yellow again but the slightly darker shade INCA YELLOW, though I struggle to

remember any changes in the spec (overdrive and a mirror on each door I think and perhaps a fog lamp). JSG 669T was an Edinburgh registration.

I followed one on the A1 a few weeks before Christmas and I have the video on my phone, he had plenty of Power and certainly wasn't hesitant in using

it though I couldn't believe how small and vulnerable the car looked against the other Traffic over 40 years later, the loss of British Leyland for me equalled

the loss of the British Empire, sadly Management was poor and the Workers ran riot, the Political Climate changed and it was over.

6. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Well, today is Friday and the last day off, so have a few things to tidy up

Off out to see my mate in Shotts later and have a catch up, got him into an X type a year or so ago and he loves it, long overdue as its been a while

Back in the day when I was teaching my sons to drive in Airdrie, as that was where they sat their test, used to pop in to the local Morrisons for some car parking lessons, then a brief chat and maybe a few bits n bobs from their excellent rotisserie.
    The laughs we used to have at their parking attempts ( which they got good at quite quickly were funny ) then half time change ends and swap sons, munch on a few Cumberland rings and a can of Red Bull, then of for phase 2 lol

Think I'll stop by there tomorrow and treat myself, chill and watch the world go by, as you do lol

Then back home, get the car freshened up for the weekend, then sort out the night away at that famous hotel in Erskine with spa day, lunch and hot n cold running chambermaids for the weekend away that the kids bought us for Xmas.

Then boom, before you know it, it's Friday night, roll on the weekend!!

Jim
    Ah Red Bull, the drink for the "over the hill " attempting to summon some energy to cope with lives demands,I hope at your age

your not drinking a lot of that because its not good for you, though I guess a few of the departed would say your not drinking enough

of it If your visiting Shotts can I recommend some Snow Chains for the XJ and perhaps a Survival Kit because its inevitably going

to be Snowing though I can recommend the Old Wine Store and the Station Hotel should you be stranded, but don't dare order Red Bull

because your Sexuality will be questioned.

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol thanks Red....I think?

Don't know about being over the hill, more like approaching the crest rapidly I'd say. As for Shotts and the totally different weather system they have there?

I'm totally used to it Red, been going there for 20+ years on and off. I had a night out with a good friend of mine who brought along his friend and his wife, so there were 6 of us.

Wee Davy was a blast and we got on like a house on fire, still going strong some 20+ years. I know the Station quite well, my mates Bro in law managed it for several years and had a night or 2 there.

Stopped at Morrisons in Airdrie and had 2 Cumberland rings and a can of Red Bull and remembered some of the stories of the boy's driving. Saw someone I was half expecting to see too, put a big smile on my face.
    Now back getting into the car

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi SE Quattro 176bhp Stratos Blue, Front & Rear park assist, Comms Pack High, Sline grille badge, 19" 7 twin spoke RS4 alloys,
    Rear tints, Dipped bulbs 80W, Mainbeams 100W, Foglights 100W, Number plate bulb LED's, Interior bulb LED's, First Aid Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't stand any of that Red Bull stuff or energy drinks (so no wings for me ) but I do get through around 12 cups of tea a day at work. Can't beat a good brew!

Going to head to that Gaydon meet tomorrow (weather permitting) no time to clean the car though as it was hammering it down all afternoon.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2007 indigo blue with many mods and retrofits.

New car, XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY coming September!

Previous:
    S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    X-Type 3.0L SE Auto estate.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Can't stand any of that Red Bull stuff or energy drinks (so no wings for me ) but I do get through around 12 cups of tea a day at work. Can't beat a good brew!

Going to head to that Gaydon meet tomorrow (weather permitting) no time to clean the car though as it was hammering it down all afternoon.
    Hammering it down tomorrow apparently,was just thinking about Gaydon

Post Thanks / Like
    M1 shut today between Junction 16 and 17 Northbound after Police found a body in the middle of the road at 3am
    this morning, this closure will be for most of the day apparently. Perhaps I have it wrong but it seems to me the Authorities
    take far to long with these Motorway Closures, anything from a diesel spillage to people threatening to jump from Bridges
    and it means closures for hours on end. I often think with these Bridge Jumpers, half a dozen mattresses either side of the
    Bridge, copper up the ladder and push the halfwits off, job done

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast