Thread: Planning to buy 2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 AWD with 150,000 miles

Post Thanks / Like

Planning to buy 2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 AWD with 150,000 miles

I have just joined the forum .

I am planning to buy one owner 2005 jaguar x-type 3.0 AWD with 150,000 miles. Price may be at 2800 to 3000$ .
    It seems to be serviced at local jaguar dealership near Washington ,DC.

I am going to test drive again this week to confirm the deal.

Please through light on what to look for ?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks a lot of money for that mileage ! Have a look on the X-type forum to see what others report. I can say that sill corrosion is a real issue, and a failure in our UK MOT test. This corrosion is hard to see because there is a plastic outer cover over the real, steel, structural sill. Normally this corrosion occurs at the rear of the sill near the suspension mounting, hence a failure in roadworthiness tests. I have personally seen an X-type having a sill repair at my local Jaguar independent. It is not a cheap job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bollocks. The price is good. Check for rot in the "A" pillars, platy in the rear suspension linkage, that the transfer case has enough oil and isn't making any loud noises, and that the sway bar bushes have been replaced (noisy but not serious). This is a great car. Gaskets can be finicky (cruise control goes off in the intake manifold leaks - common; otherwise a bulletproof buy.

Cheers,
    Zaphod