Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What exactly is Remote Keyless Entry?

Post Thanks / Like
    This might clarify the feature:

The next step is to ask the dealer for the build list for your specific car by its VIN.

All the possible options are on the list, with which ones are and which are not fitted to your car.

Then you can discuss with the dealer from that solid basis.

Let us know how you get on.

2. Thanks met061996 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is, that video shows the little button on the door handle, and the OP has no buttons on his door handles.
    So the $64,000 multi-question remains, does keyless entry work on the 2017MY without those little buttons or not, or is it optional, and do all 2017MY come without those little buttons?
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

4. Thanks met061996 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keyless Entry is not a part of the feature on F-Type Base

I have confirmed from the Jaguar Brochure that the Base model does not come with Keyless Entry and mine does not have one. Salesperson at the dealer initially told me that it has the keyless entry (and so as it was indicated as such on the dealer's webpage for my car under options/features). After I realize that it does not have such feature I contacted him about it, then he said my car has 'keyless entry' which means just a remote control for unlocking. He said what I am looking for is called 'keyless access'. So, I investigated and found out that there is no such thing as 'keyless access' anywhere. I think the salesperson just made up the term. Furthermore, I also found out that my car does not have 'heated side door mirrors' but the dealer's webpage indicated it does.

I am considering a few options to resolve this problem. Hiring a lawyer would be one of them at this point, or I might ask the dealer to add such features to my car at their expense.

I will let you guys know what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt that the door handle option is viable or practicable as a non-factory retrofit. The mirrors, maybe. How long have you had the car ? It honestly seems more likely to try and return it for a vehicle with the options you want. The small print probably exempts the dealer from "errors and omissions" in their advertising vs what is on the window sticker that should show the build options when it left the factory. I have a 2016MY base which has the buttons on the door handles to unlock but it also has the vision package which may include that. I have no idea if it has the heated mirrors as it's not something I'm going to make use of in Texas. Does you car have the vision package which includes the rear camera ?

Whenever I have bought a car that wasn't a build to order, I always run the VIN number to see how it left the factory. People make mistakes and unless you can prove the dealer was deliberately misleading, you may spend more on lawyers than the issue is worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only had it for two weeks now. I made certain with the salesperson for keyless entry and he confirmed. Then, afterwards when I found out that it does not have it, he made up an argument that my car indeed has 'keyless entry' but what I am talking about is something else ('keyless access' which does not even exist). It seems that it is not a simple mistake but more like deliberate misleading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, technically it does have keyless entry. You open it remotely with a fob that doesn't involve opening the door with a key...

Post Thanks / Like
    'Remote Keyless Entry' within the Jaguar F-Type brochure is used to describe a mechanism that one can unlock the door without touching the fob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12