Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Thread: The Changing Political Landscape

Post Thanks / Like
    Listening to the Labour Manifesto has not changed my mind at all. It is going to be interesting reading how all is going to be costed out.

Everyone wants more money, better services, no one to be in any need at all. Nationalised Industries did not work before, because the people working in those Industries get so greedy and strikes, bad service and general discontent is the result of a greedy workforce. All Labour supporters do, is look at the profit that could go back to the Government, thinking it is so easy to run a big National business, but costs would swell compared to private industry as they lose more and more sight over the years on keeping the service offered viable. Eventually they will be a huge cost to us all and it would be up to future Governments to try to straighten up the Labour mess as usual. The ideals of Labour are always good it is when it is put into practice that we all suffer.
    XF 3.0 D Luxury 2010. And no, chemical fixes can be handy, but do not replace technicians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechem View Post
    Listening to the Labour Manifesto has not changed my mind at all. It is going to be interesting reading how all is going to be costed out.

Everyone wants more money, better services, no one to be in any need at all. Nationalised Industries did not work before, because the people working in those Industries get so greedy and strikes, bad service and general discontent is the result of a greedy workforce. All Labour supporters do, is look at the profit that could go back to the Government, thinking it is so easy to run a big National business, but costs would swell compared to private industry as they lose more and more sight over the years on keeping the service offered viable. Eventually they will be a huge cost to us all and it would be up to future Governments to try to straighten up the Labour mess as usual. The ideals of Labour are always good it is when it is put into practice that we all suffer.

Draft manifesto. Not the finished one. And at the moment, all the government subsidies for all these ex nationalised services go to pay shareholders, they are not plowed back in to improve services. Most of it goes abroad as well. I think our rail fares are the highest in Europe.
    Last edited by Lost it; 12-05-17 at 18:44.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys... 128,000 and counting, need to sell it but it's too nice...
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale...
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely.
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A too for when the suns out. NT650V for work.

Still beating cancer.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechem View Post
    Yes I do understand how costs can spiral in this way and concur with your estimate to an extent, but with modern technology now, the majority of the fees would be collected by a simple payment machine. They manage parking in the same way. How much money do you think they take for hospital parking? Is that something that you have forgotten. A simple payment machine and a voucher to be seen. Someone there, and this is a cost, to help the needy in emergency. Of course there are flaws with every system and charge but parking, driving over bridges, any traffic really on foot or vehicle can be charged reasonably simply and easily. It would reduce the numbers as we would think before we visit as some people go because they are too busy during the day to get a Doctors appointment! Reduce the traffic/numbers and see more people in need. Seems quite sensible to me.
    And have you seen how many staff these "simple parking charge machine" companies employ? There isn't a simple solution, and getting cash strapped sick people to pay for their care, or even to visit A&E if you have scalede yourself, or cut your hand, or have any other kind of ailment well that's what the Cons have been after for years. If you can't afford treatment you are a strain on the country as far as they are concerned. Just go and die somewhere so we can put you in a paupers grave. I''m alright Jack. That's the culture the Cons embrace, they have done since the 1980's.

And congestion charging. All I can see from the time I spend in traffic in the GLA is that instead of cars there are perhaps 8 buses all going to the same place all with about 6 passengers in. Regularly see that. Queues made up of buses and taxi's. Taxi's doing U turns because they can't move due to empty buses being sat across junctions. Or white van men, hundreds of them. Probably delivering stuff from mail order firms.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys... 128,000 and counting, need to sell it but it's too nice...
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale...
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely.
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A too for when the suns out. NT650V for work.

Still beating cancer.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post
    And have you seen how many staff these "simple parking charge machine" companies employ? There isn't a simple solution, and getting cash strapped sick people to pay for their care, or even to visit A&E if you have scalede yourself, or cut your hand, or have any other kind of ailment well that's what the Cons have been after for years. If you can't afford treatment you are a strain on the country as far as they are concerned. Just go and die somewhere so we can put you in a paupers grave. I''m alright Jack. That's the culture the Cons embrace, they have done since the 1980's.

And congestion charging. All I can see from the time I spend in traffic in the GLA is that instead of cars there are perhaps 8 buses all going to the same place all with about 6 passengers in. Regularly see that. Queues made up of buses and taxi's. Taxi's doing U turns because they can't move due to empty buses being sat across junctions. Or white van men, hundreds of them. Probably delivering stuff from mail order firms.
    Following on from your two threads, firstly, at least people are employed, to collect the cash, creating jobs as well as bringing in a great deal of profit for the hospital. I would have thought that a staunch Labour supporter would be well pleased with that. Also, you mention big business and shareholders quite a lot. Truth is, most of the money, if corporation tax goes up to 26%, will be paid by small businesses, that certainly do not earn £80,000 per year. Big business will still avoid the tax, by moving their Company Office to say Dublin and paying just 12.5% corporation tax. Again the ideal does not fit the practical, it does not work. And, to boot, many jobs may go in the UK.
    XF 3.0 D Luxury 2010. And no, chemical fixes can be handy, but do not replace technicians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Britains hopes for a quick Trade Deal with the EU have been given a significant Boost today after a Landmark Ruling by the European Court of Justice .
    The result of this Ruling is that the EU does not have to seek ratification of any Trade Deal by the EU,s 38 National and Local Parliaments .
    Many months ago on this Forum some of us came to the conclusion that it will be Germany who will decide the shape of our BREXIT and fellow EU States
    will find that all are equal but some are more equal than others , I think a two speed EU could now be inevitable

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont you find it strange that one of the most important reasons why Britain is leaving the EU. ie the taking of power away from the national and regional goverments. I snow going to make it easier for Britain to have a trade agreement as the economic power one nation is no longer going to as large influence as it would have been.

A two speed EU will not last long as the countries that will be left behind will lose trust in the EU and will have less say where it will go.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like
    You Ducmon , Alec , Jimsv6 and a few more were onto this two speed Europe aspect very early on , I don't know how this
    is going to pan out assuming of course any EU Member States have an issue with todays ruling .
    I believe the vey concept of the EU is flawed , so many people have been critical of the Conservatives perceived lack of a
    visible coherent strategy , sometimes you just have to sit and let events unfold and I believe the Majority of the British People
    recognise that fact . Why oh why oh why is the Labour Partys answer to every problem simply to tax the Rich and throw their
    Money at it ? Its the Party of Failure because the same Labour Electorate is no better off today than they were in the Seventies
    and thats a tragedy in my view , whatever happened to Social Mobility ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    You Ducmon , Alec , Jimsv6 and a few more were onto this two speed Europe aspect very early on , I don't know how this
    is going to pan out assuming of course any EU Member States have an issue with todays ruling .
    I believe the vey concept of the EU is flawed , so many people have been critical of the Conservatives perceived lack of a
    visible coherent strategy , sometimes you just have to sit and let events unfold and I believe the Majority of the British People
    recognise that fact . Why oh why oh why is the Labour Partys answer to every problem simply to tax the Rich and throw their
    Money at it ? Its the Party of Failure because the same Labour Electorate is no better off today than they were in the Seventies
    and thats a tragedy in my view , whatever happened to Social Mobility ?
    You are right, it is very hard to have a set strategy on something that is so unknown. In order to set out a plan, predictions have to be made. No one can predict what will happen at this stage, so we just have to let it shape up a bit. The other Parties just jump on this as not having a plan. There is no hard or soft Brexit, just the very best that we can get for our Country in the short term and Worldwide growth in the longer term.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been following the report that the EU is now 100% in charge of trade agreements and that no national goverment has right of veto due to the ruling by the European Court. I would like to know if this would apply to the veto rights that the EU has given to Spain over the rock and also to Northen Ireland. Does anybody else have the opinion that they have they have shot themselves down here.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ducmon,

all I can say is that I am truly grateful that we will be free of this monster that is the E.U. It is slowly but inexorably grinding it's way to being a real supranation.
    What interests me is how the European court comes to it's decision and on what basis of law? Is it the council (or commission, I don't know quite what they both do?) that draws up these laws and the judiciary pass judgement on them?

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

11. Likes reddiesel liked this post
Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast