Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: handling

Post Thanks / Like

handling

Hi Guys
    Im a newbie to this site and have been told to post in here.
    I have just received my new xf r sport 2.0 (low power version) , this came with 17" alloys which I immediately changed to Jaguar 19" alloys.

The thing is I'm extremely disappointed with the handling , especially in the wet, If I take a 90 degree corner it tends to fish tail very easy.
    My question is , Do I have to have the suspension or steering reconfigured due to the new tire sizes.
    regards

Post Thanks / Like
    what tyres are fitted to the new wheels ?
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    They came with the wheels, the make is Dunlop
    cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome .i had dunslips on my 19 inch just put a full set of Avon zz5 on a rated for the wet great tyres well pleased .
    08 xf pl 2.7 liquid silver Ivory leather bowers Wilkins voice dab six cd sunroof climate seats private plate. Other jags I have had 02 03 08 X types 03 xj x350 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I have been offered some contineltals cheap , are they any good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good premium brand never used them myself. Just make sure they have plenty tread left and no damage.
    08 xf pl 2.7 liquid silver Ivory leather bowers Wilkins voice dab six cd sunroof climate seats private plate. Other jags I have had 02 03 08 X types 03 xj x350 .

Post Thanks / Like
    What driving mode have you selected? Handling is considerably improved in Dynamic mode (checkered flag). I never use the default standard mode except for the first 100m in the morning when I do not remember to change it.
    XF X260 in Switzerland

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like driver error

Have you driven RWD cars much previously?

Fitting used tyres and second hand wheels to a brand new car costing around £40k?

Not sure I would do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes if u read my post!!! It says I have had bmws and audis , I thought this forum was full of knowledgeable petrol heads who liked giving advice. Up too now I have had 2 dicks just trying to be smart arses.
    Was just looking for a yes or no if steering or suspension needing reconfigering!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is also full of adults.

Audis are mostly FWD

You stated you went round a bend and the back end stepped out.

The normal cause for that is too much power applied too early. Is criticism that difficult to hear?

And why would a car need reconfigured because you have changed the wheels and tyres?

What kind of reconfiguration do you think needs done?

And yes there are some people on this forum that you could describe as "petrol heads".

And I doubt any of them would consider fitting used tyres to a brand new and very costly vehicle.

And if you actually read my post properly without going into shouty mode you will see that there is a word there that is very significant.

That word is "much"

In the context of my post I was trying to identify how much experience you had in RWD vehicles as you appear to be having trouble getting the power down as you have said in your post above.

"Hi Guys
    Im a newbie to this site and have been told to post in here.
    I have just received my new xf r sport 2.0 (low power version) , this came with 17" alloys which I immediately changed to Jaguar 19" alloys.

The thing is I'm extremely disappointed with the handling , especially in the wet, If I take a 90 degree corner it tends to fish tail very easy.
    My question is , Do I have to have the suspension or steering reconfigured due to the new tire sizes.
    regards"

Above is your entire OP.

Can you point to the section where you mention having owned BMWs and Audis??

One further point if the wheels you have fitted are Jaguar wheels then they will be the correct offset for the vehicle.

11. Likes markaz liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast