Thread: Posting styles - just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Posting styles - just a thought

Hi all, I wanted to make this post and am trying to put this the best way I know how......stands back and awaits flak lol

This is just a personal note that I hope would be taken on board by some, all of us even, I believe it'll help, certainly at least me as I get older and squint to read

I've read some really great posts recently, some of which I've struggled to read through, mostly due to large blocks of text. I'm not going into the whole punctuation, spelling, grammar scenario, it is what it is, but.......

As I said, some great posts I've struggled to read due to large blocks of text, all run together. These posts are interesting and informative but I want to read them, continually losing my place I personally find it difficult and have on occasion given up lol

The thought it this, If they're spaced out as above, they're much more easily absorbed and more likely to be read. Perhaps this could help others to view more posts and some may be having the same difficulty I'm having?

Maybe it's just me, I'm unsure, but please believe me when I say there's no offence meant, it is only a suggestion that will either be taken up or not
    Just for clarity, I've posted the same information above, below this post but in a large block so you can see what I mean

Once again thanks, you'll make a happy man very old or a variation on that
    Jim

Hi all, I wanted to make this post and am trying to put this the best way I know how......stands back and awaits flak lol. This is just a personal note that I hope would be taken on board by some, all of us even, I believe it'll help, certainly at least me as I get older and squint to read.I've read some really great posts recently, some of which I've struggled to read through, mostly due to large blocks of text. I'm not going into the whole punctuation, spelling, grammar scenario, it is what it is, but.......As I said, some great posts I've struggled to read due to large blocks of text, all run together. These posts are interesting and informative but I want to read them, continually losing my place I personally find it difficult and have on occasion given up lol.
    The thought it this, If they're spaced out as above, they're much more easily absorbed and more likely to be read. Perhaps this could help others to view more posts and some may be having the same difficulty I'm having? Maybe it's just me, I'm unsure, but please believe me when I say there's no offence meant, it is only a suggestion that will either be taken up or not
    Just for clarity, I've posted the same information above, below this post but in a large block so you can see what I mean. Once again thanks, you'll make a happy man very old or a variation on that. Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Thanks Ashanti, Thomas Hayward thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post Jim,

And even if some are not inclined to read it all, the written representation says it all.

BFAM,

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

Born 24 November 2005
    Jaguar Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase 412GW Dashcam for the idiots in front of me
    Nextbase 312GW Dashcam for the idiots behind

My Showroom Thread

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 ES Td5
    A 7 seat, go anywhere family bus that keeps on going
    Now MOT'd till 30/09/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rich, just seems to make sense to me, would certainly help me, maybe others too I thought.

BFAM? Have to ask

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

5. Likes Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Thanks Rich, just seems to make sense to me, would certainly help me, maybe others too I thought.

BFAM? Have to ask

Jim
    Grey matter syndrome again Jim? you've quoted it often enough

Clue,

You're not my sister
    Last edited by Ashanti; 04-01-17 at 11:21. Reason: My Grammar is getting worse
    Silentum Sicarius

Born 24 November 2005
    Jaguar Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase 412GW Dashcam for the idiots in front of me
    Nextbase 312GW Dashcam for the idiots behind

My Showroom Thread

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 ES Td5
    A 7 seat, go anywhere family bus that keeps on going
    Now MOT'd till 30/09/18

7. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    Grey matter syndrome again Jim? you've quoted it often enough

Clue,

You're not my sister
    Yeah yeah, got it. thanks!

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    ............Woof?
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree wholeheartedly

Great idea