Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling a Spade a Spade

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    Same, I cannot see myself agreeing with much of what will be said either.
    Well Thomas, the idea is a thread is started in order to provoke some debate and discussion of which you are free to contribute to or not,
    why don't you tell us what it is thats been posted so far that you disagree with ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by t0m4ever View Post
    I think the issue is the reaction by the "community" to someone who was clearly a dangerous criminal being shot, not the fact the criminal happened to be of a certain ethnic background
    The "community" will always react irrespective of ethnic background so why make a big deal about it in this particular case ?

A man shot dead by armed police has been described as a 'lovely kid' who 'wouldn't hurt anybody'. This was the lovely (white) kid who was running around wielding an Axe !!
    "I've been friends with Lewis for years and this kid is a calm-natured, chilled, good lad. "He would not hurt anybody. He did not go to attack anybody. - well - even after the Police had Tasered him he kept coming at them. Of course, he had just been to pick up his job-seekers allowance, so maybe he was just a bit disappointed there wasn't more of it.
    David.
    XK8 Convertible 4.0 - 1997. Aerial switch, boot lid switch, remote key-fob operated hood, & tensioners replaced.

3. Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the issue is the reaction by the "community" to someone who was clearly a dangerous criminal being shot, not the fact the criminal happened to be of a certain ethnic background
    totally agree we should focus on the fact that he was a drug dealer his ethnic background is immaterial his passing is no big loss to the world
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

5. Likes JimC64, Jim_S-V6_2004, Eyeballroy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats an interesting point you make Tom because immediately I get a them and us vibe from the whole proceedings,
    in fact I witnessed a similar scenario over the the Mark Duggan killing in Tottenham which again was an Intelligence
    Based operation resulting in the killing of an armed criminal. There was however one crucial difference and that was
    in the Racial Mix of both the mourners and the subsequent rioters it was more of a racially diverse underclass if you like
    totally different to the Yorkshire scenario

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonDavid View Post
    The "community" will always react irrespective of ethnic background so why make a big deal about it in this particular case ?

A man shot dead by armed police has been described as a 'lovely kid' who 'wouldn't hurt anybody'. This was the lovely (white) kid who was running around wielding an Axe !!
    "I've been friends with Lewis for years and this kid is a calm-natured, chilled, good lad. "He would not hurt anybody. He did not go to attack anybody. - well - even after the Police had Tasered him he kept coming at them. Of course, he had just been to pick up his job-seekers allowance, so maybe he was just a bit disappointed there wasn't more of it.
    I don't believe the Community will always react David. If I was an armed drug dealer living next door to you and I was shot
    dead at the top of your road, the only reaction from you and the rest of the Community would be Good Riddance.

8. Likes Jim_S-V6_2004 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is probably worth considering that this man probably had family members in said community. And Family will almost always be distraught in the event of a death - regardless of the kind of man people speculate he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DevonDavid View Post

2002 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TdCI Blue
    2006 Jaguar XK (Aluminium) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

10. Likes Jim_S-V6_2004 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No - I'm sorry but I don't know the answer ........................ what else could I deduce from reading this ??

Meanwhile outside the home of the Deceased the usual collection of Sportswear Clad Asian Youth begin to congregate old Asian
    Women clad in Hijab, totally disconnected from the actions of their own offspring as they are from you and me pay their respects
    while on Social Media we have the obligatory " RIP BRUV". Well I can certainly rest in peace that another piece of Trash has
    "shuffled off this mortal coil" and I offer Yorkshire Police my thanks for a job well done though we both know there is a much
    wider issue going on in this country and in order to address it " We have to call a Spade a Spade"
    David.
    XK8 Convertible 4.0 - 1997. Aerial switch, boot lid switch, remote key-fob operated hood, & tensioners replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, apart from the fact we aren't party to all the facts yet, and a few people appear to have turned it into an immigration issue, nothing really...

Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Well Thomas, the idea is a thread is started in order to provoke some debate and discussion of which you are free to contribute to or not,
    why don't you tell us what it is thats been posted so far that you disagree with ?
    2002 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TdCI Blue
    2006 Jaguar XK (Aluminium) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

13. Likes Jim_S-V6_2004 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    totally agree we should focus on the fact that he was a drug dealer his ethnic background is immaterial his passing is no big loss to the world
    I agree Payno

That said, I suppose it is only natural if there are events that happen ( whatever they may be ) and these events seem to be perpetrated by a high percentage of one type of person, irrespective of what that type is......
    If it's an Asian / Muslim / Protestant / Catholic ...whatever, it really doesn't matter

If there's issues or events that unfold that seem to involve more of one type of person than another, then surely it's natural to form a conclusion that that type of person ( whatever that type is ) is more likely to be involved?
    Seems normal and natural to me although I suppose it will be called stereotyping.

Having sad that wasn't that what the Police call / called it when they were putting together a profile for some criminal or other? Maybe they use another or different more PC word these days, what do I know?

Round and round we go

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi SE Quattro 176bhp Stratos Blue, Front & Rear park assist, Comms Pack High, Sline grille badge, 19" 7 twin spoke RS4 alloys,
    Rear tints, Dipped bulbs 80W, Mainbeams 100W, Foglights 100W, Number plate bulb LED's, Interior bulb LED's, First Aid Kit

15. Likes Jim_S-V6_2004 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The UK has one of the lowest death by shooting by Police in the world.

Last year it was just 5.

Figures on killings/death by shooting are hard to bring up to date but in 2011/12 it was 574. In response just 5 instances of police firearms being discharged and 2 killings. The way we have all of these protests, you would think we had "murder squads" out on the streets hunting down innocent drug dealers and terrorists

We are so driven by these liberal elite humanitarians who believe that the criminal has all the rights and the innocent dead person none. Their answer is you can respond after there has been a killing and then only use sufficient force to subdue the criminal.

It makes me sick to see the way we have rolled over and given into this attitude of punish the innocent and protect the guilty.

Tony

17. Likes Jim_S-V6_2004 liked this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast