Thread: Lambda sensors

Post Thanks / Like

Lambda sensors

Hi all and Happy New Year,

I have a p1647 code on my 1999 Sov, bank A I think it is. Now I have tried to find the correct one for it as its the Upstream sensor thats throwing the code.
    I presume the bank B sensor is the same ???? As the one on other side ?? Seeing as its the easier of the two to work on, hopefully if I can get to remove it to get a part number I can then get the Cat code free ??? She runs great even with this code but I dont want to risk causing any damage to the cat. Going to replace the coil that threw a wobbler then after a reset the thing worked perfectly again (this is what caused the Lambda to fail) quite a common thing to happen apparently.

The replacement I think is a LNE1684BB or AB (dont know the difference between the BB and AB ) and a Denso DOX-0430, DOX-1196 and a DOX-0113 ???
    But which one thats the question. Not going to buy a used one as you dont know if they work. Going to try to remove the easier one when my new socket arrives.
    Once again Gentlemen I wish you all the very best for 2017

Have fun.
    1998 Jaguar XJ8 4L LWB in Jaguar Tudor White, Huggy
    1999 Jaguar XJ8 4L LWB in Jaguar Tudor White, Celeste
    Above all, Have Fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really worth removing a good sensor to try and read off an rusty part number which could be different again lol

Have a look at the classic jag website for the part number for your vin range

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep fair point Andy,
    Wish it was easier to find the correct one though but saying that technology has progressed.
    And parts get superseded and upgraded all the time. Today I went to book the wifes car in for its exaust. Thought whilst I was there id ask if they could get a lambder for my Jag, was told he couldnt get one for it !!!! Totaly shocked.
    Will probably get the sensor and coil from britishparts.

Cheers again.
    Above all, Have Fun

Post Thanks / Like
    I had codes P1646 & P1647 for a couple of years. Replaced both sensors (part no's LNE1684BB). Cost £138.60 plus VAT each at the time (May 2014).

Best thing I ever did for the car. Fuel economy went up 25% to 30%. Rough running and idling problems disappeared overnight.
    Present car: 2000 XJR Platinum Silver 200,000+ miles

Previous Jaguars: 1977 XJ6L 4.2
    1985 Daimler Double Six V12
    1990 Jaguarsport XJR 4.0

5. Thanks Lancealot1969 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheapest place I have found for Lambdas is www.sparkplugs.co.uk original Denso too.
    Jaguar X350 XJR Freeflow SS Exhaust. / Jaguar X308 XJR

7. Thanks Lancealot1969 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bob and Jerry,
    British parts have a Denso BPC109 for £99 so think I will get that one it says from vin code 853### onward and mines 873### says it supercedes the LNE1684BB but I will check when I ring up. I will also order a Coil pack as thats what caused the sensor to fail. They are £23 dont know what postage will be my coil is a four pin one but got to take the cover off again as I didnt take a pic with my phone for the make which I think is Denso too. Hopefully my new tools will come tomorrow as bought a sensor socket some Erauber stud remover sockets from Screwfix for £11.99
    http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-bo...6-pieces/6083d

Recomend any one gets a set very good quality. just incase I get and rounded off bolts or studs. And I also bought some reverse torx E set of ebay for £5 ish these are for the ABS module screws E 5, as I have a persistant abs traction fail so going to re flow the solder on the 2 pin plug and other multiplug pins.
    Lol Someone did say I will be increasing my Tool collection. How true was that, interesting about the fuel economy I didnt think mine was bad at 25 to the Gallon ??? What are you getting on average Bob ??? My XJ8 runs fine no roughness she purrs nicely.

Cheers again gents,

Lance.
    Above all, Have Fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my tools have arrived (lambda socket) and my set of reversed E torx sockets for the ABS module. Bought a Lambder sensor from someone who bought it from british parts in error so he has got most of his money back also recomended he joined the forum too.
    So cant wait until it arrives, going to take the coil covers off and make sure I get the correct one but will probably buy it from Britishparts at £27.74 and that includes postage. Not putting used parts on as you just never know and id hate for anything to happen if im on a wedding.

All the best and have fun.
    Lance
    Above all, Have Fun