Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A sting in the tail..

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the size of the centre console - that's either a wide car or it has narrow seats!
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Going back through time...
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa Romeo GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Mercedes E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that one cannot validate their authenticity." -
    Charles Dickens

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
    This is low rent? You obviously drive a Bentley as your day-to-day!

Absolutely hate stuck on tablet looking infotainment screens. It's very Mercedes in there. Kia quality isn't great from what I've driven in the past, we have two Kia Cee'd estates at work, forgetful bland things but do the job.

Interesting that there is no diesel option when it goes on sale.

The XE 2.0T actually starts from £27k so the Kia isn't actually cheap either.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2007 indigo blue with many mods and retrofits.

New car, XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY coming September!

Previous:
    S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    X-Type 3.0L SE Auto estate.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Kia have found a niche in the market for relatively cheap cars that do as they are required backed by a good warranty and service package,
    this is I think the image that they have amongst consumers, the problem comes when you attempt to upscale that image into a Premier Brand.
    Perhaps one of the best examples of this was Volkswagen with their Phaeton which was a good enough car, but it looked too much like the Passat
    and few company chairman in any case were going to park a Volkswagen in their parking space at work.Volkswagen realised this of course when
    they purchased Bentley.This latest Kia reminds me of the Lexus ISF and I speak from memory when I quote the model name,but this was supposed
    to challenge the BMW M3 and failed. That said however I am with SV8 regarding the interior, it looks ok to me, its the "pumped up on steroids" exterior
    that I find challenging

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Willber G View Post
    Look at the size of the centre console - that's either a wide car or it has narrow seats!
    Narrow seats Willber similar to the girlfriends VRS Octavia which is a bit of a shock when you go from the XK,
    though not uncomfortable

Post Thanks / Like
    Not for me. The body stylists are in the wrong job, IMO the rear end is straight from the Nissan 'Joke' styling dept. And those pedals........I brake with my left foot and it looks as thought it would be a bit of a lucky dip getting my foot off that large foot rest and on to the small brake pedal. No, not for me.
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    I think Kia have found a niche in the market for relatively cheap cars that do as they are required backed by a good warranty and service package, this is I think the image that they have amongst consumers, the problem comes when you attempt to upscale that image into a Premier Brand.
    Perhaps one of the best examples of this was Volkswagen with their Phaeton which was a good enough car, but it looked too much like the Passat
    and few company chairman in any case were going to park a Volkswagen in their parking space at work.............
    Two reasons why Volkswagen brought out the Phaeton was that first they were miffed with Mercedes' subcompact A class trying to steal what they considered was their market and secondly, so they could experiment with certain components and modifications knowing that few customers would suffer any inconvenience (which of course would be immediately rectified) before releasing them on the much wider Golf market.
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    Two reasons why Volkswagen brought out the Phaeton was that first they were miffed with Mercedes' subcompact A class trying to steal what they considered was their market and secondly, so they could experiment with certain components and modifications knowing that few customers would suffer any inconvenience (which of course would be immediately rectified) before releasing them on the much wider Golf market.
    And here was me thinking along with the Motoring Press that the Phaeton was an attempt by Volkswagen to break into
    the Luxury Car Market ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    And here was me thinking along with the Motoring Press that the Phaeton was an attempt by Volkswagen to break into
    the Luxury Car Market ?
    As you said, company chairmen would never consider a Volkswagen instead of a Mercedes or BMW............and besides, £60k for a VW? I don't think so........
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    As my old Bus PCV licence Instructor told me " DO NOT !! use your left foot for braking with an automatic ,,,your brain cant cope !!,, If I see any body doing it I'll cut their effing leg off "
    I'm an Ex , X type owner X2 .. Petrol man & auto..

Now I'm a Yeti & Fabia owner Petrol man & auto..

Post Thanks / Like
    They do it for less. Probably built on tried and tested designs. Good looks, good price, probably a good fit for company vehicles and families. The Ford Fiesta was a top seller in the UK in 2016 with Focus and Corsa. KIA are brave to move up market, so good luck to them.
    Jaguar x-Type 2.2D Super Turbo Saloon 2006 160k miles. Black. Six speed manual gears.
    Modified short final drive. Owned and thrashed from 128K miles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast