Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlamp washer jet?

Post Thanks / Like

Headlamp washer jet?

I have hit a dead end on this I'm afraid. I'm trying to track down the black plastic headlamp washer jet for the N/side which is part number LHD7053AA. I can't even track one down second hand. Does anyone have any ideas?
    1994 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe
    81,000 miles
    Restoration in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    When you find the holy grail can you let me know please!!

kicking myself that I missed out on a brand new pair from Auz about a year ago (went for about £110 - Bargain!). I have been looking since 2013 for these and only that once have any come up for sale. Even looked into getting some printed but need an original to make a copy of!!

Anyway best of luck with your search & sorry its not a more useful post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rob,

Guess I'll have to keep looking, or try and repair the one I've got - mind you if someone had a decent pair of them and decided to get them laser printed they could make a few quid out of selling the copies?
    1994 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe
    81,000 miles
    Restoration in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news and bad news - I managed to find the part, however the guy wouldn't split the chromes and I had to buy the whole front bumper as well - ouch! Still I can always sell the bumper and the bits of chrome I don't need I suppose. The bumper is in excellent condition with no splits or cracks either.
    1994 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe
    81,000 miles
    Restoration in progress

5. Likes DrSebWilkes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't sound too bad to me Darryl good find.
    I own a Jaguar XJS, and I'm 16 ! If you're interested in seeing what the car looks like, here is a VIDEO of it. Here is the youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSH...GEdLfQchanneld

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm jealous now!

Also annoyed having typed this all out once and then managed to erase it all

Anyway I'll try again.

If the jet washer is still attached to the chrome bumper lip from the donor bumper I highly recommend that you DON'T remove the washer from the chrome but replace the entire chrome unit. The plastic that the washer are made from get brittle over time and snap easily as I discovered Also the chrome (plastic) cover that goes over the top of the washer jet has 3 small locating holes on the bottom that's not very visible. If you snap these there is no easy way to secure the cover to the washer and I have no idea how to remove this without snapping it.

I have tried to attach a photo of a washer cover I acquired that shows the holes I'm referring to but apparently I've reach my quota??? Anyway here's what it looks like (pic 2 on listing) http://www.ebay.ca/itm/222070266176

As always good luck and keep us posted. Still waiting to see how you got on with you indicator conundrum!

Out of interest what colour was the bumper?

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rob,

Apologies with the late reply, it's been manic at work. Yes, I took your point and didn't dare try removing the washer jet - all the chromes are back on now and I just need the weather to warm up so I can spray up the bumper. The bumper I picked up on Saturday is a dark green metallic and is in good condition as is the crash beam. Only thing that is missing is the bottom lip with the lower cooling ducts. It looks like this may have been damaged at some time, however the previous owner has made a very neat job of cutting this off and in fact it makes perfect sense to remove the lower section anyway as it's so low to the ground it will ground on the first speed hump or kerb it finds. I'm tempted to fit the modified bumper myself. I've been advised that even with the lip removed they are worth around £200 in good condition. So I have three bumpers now. One completely unmarked and complete in Kingfisher blue that I purchased two years ago, my original in red with a damaged lower lip, and the green one I bought at the weekend. I'll update my post on the indicator lens asap.
    1994 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe
    81,000 miles
    Restoration in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original bumper 2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	631.5 KB 
ID:	21901Now complete and in perfect working order but an expensive fix! I temporarily pushed the old bumper on to remind myself of how the car will actually look.
    1994 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe
    81,000 miles
    Restoration in progress

10. Likes DrSebWilkes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

i need to to replace a couple of the chrome bits on my bumpers on my 1995 model. I don’t suppose you can tell me how to get the chrome off - front and rear if you know?

thanks
    Late 80's XJS sold ages ago, now got a 1995 Celebration for fun!
    1997 XK8 now sold
    2007 XKR sadly sold (but got a DB9 instead )
    2014 XF Sportbrake (selling!)
    2015 XF Sportbrake R-Sport Black Edition 2.2 diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    press the black button at the bottom of the cover and pull/slide it off.. have a look under and you will see it.
    I have a jet on my car that is off road till spring. 3d printing could work if I can find a printer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast