Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seen any good movies lately ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    ...I sat and watched "Dunkirk" last night, provided by Russian TV through Hola VPN. I could tell it was Russian because a box kept popping up advertising a Russian lottery! It didn't detract from the film though.

Having said that, I was disappointed overall. One can only imagine the chaos on the beach's with 300,000 soldiers seeking rescue but the film failed to capture that spectacularly! When the camera panned out only about 300 figures could be seen. Secondly, the soldiers built their own "mole" into the sea from vehicles. Every picture I've seen of this improvisation shows 30 - 50 soldiers clinging to each vehicle. The film showed a few soldiers in single file!! And finally, there was a tragic incident on a small rescue boat and the crew showed a complete lack of interest or emotion. For me, it certainly didn't reach the heights generated by all the hype.
    I went on Thursday night to see Dunkirk with my 2 boys. We said exactly the same thing with regards to the lack of scale of things ... A few rows of soldiers on the beaches. did not equate to the 300000/450000 that were on the beaches and then they show you the small ships approaching and there are 20/30 but there were thousands of them.

Its my understanding that the director wanted to keep it real but I think in this case some CGI was needed.

I did like how the film chopped from one scene to another though. My son informed me that this was called parallel filming.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f/TINK06-1.jpg
    3.0d V6 275bhp XF-S Portfolio Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's
    2.2d Premium Sport X Type Estate Liquid Silver Silver sparkle Proteus rims Tinted windows, retro fit powerfold mirrors & puddle lights. LED lit interior and Shark fin aerial .. purrrfect
    Joint owner of 64 plate SLK 250 CDI AMG Sportline 200bhp in polar white

2. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    I went on Thursday night to see Dunkirk with my 2 boys. We said exactly the same thing with regards to the lack of scale of things ... A few rows of soldiers on the beaches. did not equate to the 300000/450000 that were on the beaches and then they show you the small ships approaching and there are 20/30 but there were thousands of them.

Its my understanding that the director wanted to keep it real but I think in this case some CGI was needed.

I did like how the film chopped from one scene to another though. My son informed me that this was called parallel filming.
    What did you make of the opening scene when they're legging it down a completely undamaged street and reaching a Tee junction opt to climb a gate in front of them instead of going left or right out of the German's line of fire? Even the Spitfire pilot during the flight scenes seemed completely disinterested when he was being shot at!! There was a well documented incident on the "Mole" when British troops rioted in an attempt to force their way on to a Destroyer. A Naval officer drew his pistol and shot dead a ring leader, hence restoring order. Why didn't they recreate that scene? Perhaps I'm too critical....
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah strange decision to climb the gate that was being shot at and then sit behind it knowing that the wooden gate wouldnt protect them. Distinct lack of blood too. Also seemed strange to stay in that boat when it was being shot at !!

The acting wasnt great at all. Not a film I would rush out to buy or go see again. whereas I have now watched Hacksaw Ridge 3/4 times
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f/TINK06-1.jpg
    3.0d V6 275bhp XF-S Portfolio Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's
    2.2d Premium Sport X Type Estate Liquid Silver Silver sparkle Proteus rims Tinted windows, retro fit powerfold mirrors & puddle lights. LED lit interior and Shark fin aerial .. purrrfect
    Joint owner of 64 plate SLK 250 CDI AMG Sportline 200bhp in polar white

5. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw "Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)" the other day. Not bad actually, a good comedy action movie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12