Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Rumour is Stoke are selling out to the Chinese thus becoming just another PL club that will lose it's character. As a Man Utd fan that is some statement, but Stoke had allways maintained a semblance of still your 'local' team. So the Chinese will introduce a section for two dozen drummers (like in the Chinese Super league which is unwatchable) and tacky souvenirs. United, as usual are being held to ransom by agents trying to squeeze the last penny out of them. I'm uncomfortable with Mourinho having the same agent as players. Ronaldo is doing what Ramos did last season and Real will fall for it an pay Ronaldo's £14m tax bill. Hope we get Morata though but I fear he'll favour London over beautiful Manchester.
    We are all very wealthy but don't know it. We have time. You can't buy anymore so don't waste it...

Post Thanks / Like
    We've (West Brom) had Chinese owners for a season now, nothing much has changed except the sponsor. It's the owners company! The club was sold for £175m last year.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Southampton taking on Pelligrino and now Palace appointing Frank de Boer, it will be interesting how these two Premier League Newbies progress. The reaction of the players to the new management styles will be crucial and at least both new bosses have been given a full pre-season training period to set the tone, get to know players and source the transfer market. Pleased that it looks like Sammy Lee is staying at CP, that will certainly help FDB settle in.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Palace is the one for me Rowley , I read an interview with the owner yesterday , a really decent bloke who talks a lot of sense .
    I heard him last year on Talksport as I was channel hopping and he was exactly the same , I hope they become a staple club of the
    Premiership .Interesting they never went for Ranieri

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Rodriguez Ian? 27 years young and a fee of 'about £12m' ... good value for West Brom? I think so, providing he can stay fit. Good support for Rondon.

6. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good business by the Albion today that, they go Austria on Tuesday for pre season training so probably why it was rushed through. £12m for a striker is a bargain these days, I hope he does well.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    My team have signed Lukaku! I am shocked. He's scored goals but not against the top teams when he disappears from the game. Still, Jose has won more stuff than me so let's hope he knows what the heck he's doing.
    We are all very wealthy but don't know it. We have time. You can't buy anymore so don't waste it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Lukaku was fake news, agent drumming up interest to get Chelsea to bid. Everton owner mentioned they've received NO bid let alone being signed!
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    It's real news now Ian!

11. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
    My team have signed Lukaku! I am shocked. He's scored goals but not against the top teams when he disappears from the game. Still, Jose has won more stuff than me so let's hope he knows what the heck he's doing.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that Chesh, the mere fact that Lukaku was on Mourinho's radar concerns me given that it was 3 years ago that he sold the player to Everton when he was in charge at Chelsea. Now Mourinho may have a career littered with Cups, Medals and achievements but he's now getting old and lazy and relying upon that reputation to earn his millions. To be fair I've never rated his instinct about players, I think the older he gets the more he lacks in basic judgement and has to rely more and more on those within his close management and advisory team. So if Lukaku doesn't do well at ManU then I think it will be more a reflection on Mourinho than the player.

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast