Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, it looks like you're going to sign Martins-Indi who I'm sure will be of help to you at the back. And apparently we're heading to loan a 19-year old from ManU, one Timothy Fosu-Mensah who has played (once or twice) for their first team and is supposed to be able to play anywhere across the back, so hopefully that might release Milivojevic into his proper and best position in defensive midfield.

Fosu-Mensah's yet another lad from the Netherlands who was at Ajax in his youth. I think I'd better start brushing up on my dutch before I go to Selhurst Park on Saturday!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

2. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...the rumour mill at Stoke is in full swing, like at most clubs, I expect! BFBS provide good coverage out here and I've already caught three championship games and the Community Shield.
    03 XJR X350 & 2000 Millennium Ltd Edition TD5 Discovery. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good win for the Albion today and a clean sheet against the Cherries, not so good for Chelsea, Palace or Stoke.

We looked solid at the back, impressed with Hegazi and Field today.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2007 indigo blue with many mods and retrofits.

New car, XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY coming September!

Previous:
    S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    X-Type 3.0L SE Auto estate.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    You've definitely claimed bragging rights tonight Ian.

I don't think the Holmesdale end are convinced about FdBs 3-4-3 system, I'm not sure whether the players even understand it 'cos it certainly didn't look like they did! That said, the two loan players showed best promise for me, Loftus-Cheek and Fosu-Mensah. I think the others thought it was going to be a walk in the park.

6. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...on the face of it we appear to have been very slow in the Transfer market. However, it looks like one or two quality players are now arriving. Whether it's in time to prevent us getting tonked by the Gooners this Saturday remains to be seen! The game of which, for your delight and delectation, is live on BT Sport, 17.30 ko I believe.
    03 XJR X350 & 2000 Millennium Ltd Edition TD5 Discovery. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Listen up Chris, now here is what I call a stat. There are now 21 players who have won the Champions League currently playing in the Premier League, including your recent signing Jese Rodriguez from PSG, and Stoke have the most of all in their squad ... 5!

No here's a test ... can you name the other 4? Without looking them up?

9. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Listen up Chris, now here is what I call a stat. There are now 21 players who have won the Champions League currently playing in the Premier League, including your recent signing Jese Rodriguez from PSG, and Stoke have the most of all in their squad ... 5!

No here's a test ... can you name the other 4? Without looking them up?
    ...no chance!!

We're the 9th richest club in Europe, apparently, but I like the way Coates does his business, softly softly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there are still 37 games left to play, silly really, but I must admit to feeling a wee bit of concern already. Huddersfield so outplayed us last week that I'm finding it difficult to see where Palace are going to pick up points until either they start to click with FdBs 3-4-3 system or revert back to a proven system they can play.

I'd always thought that it was the job of coach/manager to pick a style of play that best suited the players in order to get the best out of them. What seems to be happening at Palace is that the coach/manager has picked his own style and wants his players to fit into it regardless of their capabilities.

I hope I'm wrong and that things start coming together soon, but it's worrying.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....I caught my home town side on BFBS last night and was pleased to see them secure a win after three straight defeats! Well done Burton Albion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good on Nigel Clough, he must be doing something right, I'd like Burton to hang around in the Championship it'll do them and the league much good. Mind you I'm not convinced about Birmingham, or perhaps more specifically 'Arry. I think he's lost his coaching mojo, he left it behind at White Hart Lane in 2012, not been the same since, he's now surviving on his reputation and I don't think that can last.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast