Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly a chip off the old block is Nigel, hope he does well this season.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    'Arry at Brum has got, allegedly, a very strong back staff including Cotterill. Cotterill was much vaunted as a future England team manager. Stokies have a dim view of him because he managed us for just a few short weeks before leaving for "greener grass!" His career has been all down hill since then!!

I believe this is Cloughies second stint at managing the Albion. He did ten years previously before moving on and Hesselbank taking over.
    03 XJR X350 & 2000 Millennium Ltd Edition TD5 Discovery. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    So pleased with that result against Burnley and a real battle at the end with 10 men, that puts us joint top with Man Utd as it stands!

None conceded too, hopefully we make 3 out of 3 before the international break.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2007 indigo blue with many mods and retrofits.

New car, XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY coming September!

Previous:
    S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    X-Type 3.0L SE Auto estate.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    "None conceded too, hopefully we make 3 out of 3 before the international break."

...behave!

Excellent result for us today, one I didn't see coming, to be honest. Onwards & upwards for next week....!!
    03 XJR X350 & 2000 Millennium Ltd Edition TD5 Discovery. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to be a good match tbh against the clay heads on TV next week.

Hegazi has been the stand out buy for us, Gareth Barry had a solid debut too.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2007 indigo blue with many mods and retrofits.

New car, XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY coming September!

Previous:
    S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    X-Type 3.0L SE Auto estate.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    'Arry at Brum has got, allegedly, a very strong back staff including Cotterill. Cotterill was much vaunted as a future England team manager. Stokies have a dim view of him because he managed us for just a few short weeks before leaving for "greener grass!" His career has been all down hill since then!!

I believe this is Cloughies second stint at managing the Albion. He did ten years previously before moving on and Hesselbank taking over.
    as a sunderland fan cotterill was responsible for one of the funniest comments i've heard at a game.
    when he and howard wilkinson were at our club cotterill would often stand pitchside with his pen and pad taking notes.
    one game whilst he was doing just that someone in the crowd shouted out 'hew man cotterill do you not know how to spell sh**e'
    you had to be there i suppose
    2008 xf premium luxury

7. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else fed up with players diving and trying to get other players sent off? Last night, Man City players would have beaten Everton if they had played Football instead of falling over at the hint of contact. The two Argentinians, Aquero and Otemendi are a disgrace. Otemendi supposed to be a hard man, what a joke. I could tie him in knots even a my age. Aquero finally got an Everton player off the pitch. He looked to see where he was and then clearly dangled his leg out to make contact and rolled about as if he's been stabbed. Coward and a cheat. Same bloke fell over when he felt Fellainis' hair on his forehead. I hope they win bugger all, again.
    We are all very wealthy but don't know it. We have time. You can't buy anymore so don't waste it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Theres only one team in Manchester going to win the Title and its not City , I think this could well be Guardiolas last season in
    English Football if he finishes the season without a trophy , in fact a City fan I have a Beer with reckons they maybe got rid of
    a better Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
    Anyone else fed up with players diving and trying to get other players sent off? Last night, Man City players would have beaten Everton if they had played Football instead of falling over at the hint of contact. The two Argentinians, Aquero and Otemendi are a disgrace. Otemendi supposed to be a hard man, what a joke. I could tie him in knots even a my age. Aquero finally got an Everton player off the pitch. He looked to see where he was and then clearly dangled his leg out to make contact and rolled about as if he's been stabbed. Coward and a cheat. Same bloke fell over when he felt Fellainis' hair on his forehead. I hope they win bugger all, again.
    I agree Chesh, Agüero overplayed his fall, but the referee fell for it and if he'd have consulted his line and remembered the new rules this season then Mr Kun should really have got himself a yellow for simulation. Unfortunately it was a second yellow for Schneiderlin so I don't think it can be reviewed, but if Everton were able to protest I think Agüero should be penalised - which I don't want 'cos he's in my FF Team!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425