Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    I think Wenger will probably outlast Mugabe , I have lost thousands of pounds over the years backing Arsenal , they always seem
    to let me down over the last 100yds when they implode . For me the problem with Arsenal has always been lack of bottle , they don't
    like it up them .
    Years ago I managed to get tickets to see Arsenal v Bolton (think it was Bolton anyway) at Highbury ..... Ian Wright was on for breaking the Top Goal scorers record

At the game my brother in law went up to get a beer had seen the betting booth and was going to put a tenner on Wrighty to break the record that day and score a hat trick, odds were 33/1 or something like that. He brought my beer back to me and I convinced him to save his tenner

Hahahahaha hes never let me forget that match
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f/TINK06-1.jpg
    3.0d V6 275bhp XF-S Portfolio Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's
    2.2d Premium Sport X Type Estate Liquid Silver Silver sparkle Proteus rims Tinted windows, retro fit powerfold mirrors & puddle lights. LED lit interior and Shark fin aerial .. purrrfect
    Joint owner of 64 plate SLK 250 CDI AMG Sportline 200bhp in polar white

Post Thanks / Like
    Everton's Niasse banned for diving.

The Club have said that they're 'disappointed' ... and frankly, so am I!

I thought it was a penalty ... and I'm a Palace fan!

Anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul ... so if it's in the box then it's a penalty.

What's so difficult to work out? Why can't the Regulatory Commission see that?

PS - another good reason is that I put him in my FFL team on Sunday!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Years ago I managed to get tickets to see Arsenal v Bolton (think it was Bolton anyway) at Highbury ..... Ian Wright was on for breaking the Top Goal scorers record

At the game my brother in law went up to get a beer had seen the betting booth and was going to put a tenner on Wrighty to break the record that day and score a hat trick, odds were 33/1 or something like that. He brought my beer back to me and I convinced him to save his tenner

Hahahahaha hes never let me forget that match
    Great story. A while back I went to see a Nat West Trophy Final at Lords, England v India. England batted first and my mate was going to put £20 on India chasing down 325. That was a high score in those days and it was similar odds to your Wrighty hat trick. I convinced him to not waste his money as well . We don't give the best advice sometimes do we Tink!! Funny though....when you look at their faces after.
    XF 3.0 D Luxury 2010. And no, chemical fixes can be handy, but do not replace technicians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just can't help laughing as I picture his face when I cost him £500 or more in winnings. Is that wrong?
    XF 3.0 D Luxury 2010. And no, chemical fixes can be handy, but do not replace technicians.

Staffordshire, home of Marston's Pedigree, Bass & the BEST and most famous Oatcakes.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rowley, have you a prediction for Saturday?
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344