Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i'm pleased Spurs cruised through their game tonight, and that Llorente scored as well. But i have to say, although they lost tonight, Man City will take some stopping this season in the Champions League in my opinion.
    That being said, where you have Mourinho and his tactical awareness, Man Utd could also pull it off.
    It would be a dream for Spurs to win, but we've just been too inconsistent this year to mount a serious challenge over a 2 leg format.
    Jaguar 2003 S Type R
    6% Supercharger Pulley Upgrade, 200 cell cats, Custom X Pipe, 4" Sports Rear Boxes, Remapped, Caldoofy Intake
    374 rwhp, 427 ft/lbs. torque

Post Thanks / Like
    lets get all 5 through to the last 8 then we could have some epic games . Liverpool are actually better prepared for this than the Premier League. City look so strong UTD hindered by Mourhino Neg tactics Spurs will need Kane and Ali at their very very best to progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...any good news on any Spurs players getting injured???!!! In any event, I hope they're plum tuckered out for Saturday!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rumour about Jose's negative tactics just shows how biased the Media are against United. The Media are on a Man City love-in mainly because they get treated well by them, free meals etc. Mark Lawrenson and another journalist let that one slip. It's all 'Pep' when they talk about City and Mourinho when they talk about United. Were we negative at Arsenal or against Watford? Nah, all papertalk. The media have it in their biased heads that defending is a sin, it isn't it's part of the game. One thing guaranteed on Sunday is that Michael Oliver will give City a penalty or free kick to help them as usual. Last night they got another which looked so amateur dramatics, Chris Sutton had to bite his lip as whoever it was went down in instalments. The City PR team will probably already have the after match 'we had to travel from Ukraine' script ready.

Liverpool should beat Everton, Chelsea should beat West Ham and I hope United will beat City but these are derbies! Spurs will either win 5-0 or get beat 0-2, you can never tell with them.
    We are all very wealthy but don't know it. We have time. You can't buy anymore so don't waste it...

Post Thanks / Like
    " Media have it in their head that defending is a sin " thats one thing they share with Booing and Complaining united Fans then Chesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StokieChris View Post
    ...any good news on any Spurs players getting injured???!!! In any event, I hope they're plum tuckered out for Saturday!

Haha, that's what we hoped when we played them Chris, just after they'd beaten Real Madrid, but sadly it was not to be!

Anyway, my turn to wish you good luck this week ... as long as we get 3pts against Bournemouth I don't much care .
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

7. Likes StokieChris liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...alogue-errors/

West Ham under a bit of Pressure as Football and Politics collide

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if the contract is as legally binding as West Ham claim, i think Sadiq Khan can moan all he wants, but he'll find it hard to get a renegotiation. I'm sure Solicitors were involved on both sides before pen was put to paper so to speak, and i imagine West Ham were laughing all the way to the bank after the signature. It is bad if taxpayers foot the bill, but from a personal point of view, if i sign a contract say for a loan from the bank, I'd refuse to renegotiate it just because the bank was struggling.
    Jaguar 2003 S Type R
    6% Supercharger Pulley Upgrade, 200 cell cats, Custom X Pipe, 4" Sports Rear Boxes, Remapped, Caldoofy Intake

Post Thanks / Like
    The Liverpool player Can is interesting. He is out of contract in the summer and doesn't seem to want to sign a new contract but apparently is prepared to sign a pre contract with Juventus in Jan. If this is the case then he surely can't play for Liverpool and this being world cup year he isn't going to get in to the German squad whilst not playing any games.
    Modern football just stinks from top to bottom.

11. Likes 20inchguns liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure who it was exactly, but while watching West Ham v Chelsea earlier, i saw a Chelsea sub with a hot water bottle on his face. Unbelievable! What would he do if it was properly cold!? Or if he had to work out in all conditions at all times of the day and night like some men and women in this country have to do?
    Jaguar 2003 S Type R

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast