Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576

Thread: Football

Post Thanks / Like
    you spent fortune in the 70's I well remember how you spunked money trying to keep up and it cost UTD and they were relegated.
    If you cant accept how well City play without referring to money there is no hope for you because your not a football supporter just a UTD supporter.
    Its ok to be both you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnandhisjags View Post
    Football related news.... Barry Burnell the youth coach charged with so many terrible acts against young innocent kids has been linked to Gary Speed's taking his own life
    They are reporting he coached Gary Speed and by association blaming him for Speed taking his own life.

Keep up at the back there , I mentioned that in the link above , Post 745 and you blanked me
    This Bennell rat was arrested in Milton Keynes , I posted back when he was arrested

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Keep up at the back there , I mentioned that in the link above , Post 745 and you blanked me
    This Bennell rat was arrested in Milton Keynes , I posted back when he was arrested
    I dont always open links sorry you feel so ignored I will try to do better.

Post Thanks / Like
    you spent fortune in the 70's I well remember how you spunked money trying to keep up and it cost UTD and they were relegated.
    If you cant accept how well City play without referring to money there is no hope for you because your not a football supporter just a UTD supporter.
    Its ok to be both you know.
    If you stop referring to money and United that may help rather than bang on with un-original posts. Have we a clue who you support? Probably Liverpool or City. So let me give you a History lesson that won't make you so smug. City have won 4 Championships, United 20, Liverpool 18. Two of Citys were PL titles after the money came. One was in 1968 when they had money from Peter Swales and Noel White who had a TV rental business. Liverpool had their run in the 70's funded by local businessmen and a great Manager helped too. Can you spot a trend?
    Since the mid-1990's, United concentrated on commercial items to fund the club as the Edwards family hadn't sufficient funds anymore. I actually played Rugby once against Martin Edwards. He sold out to the Glazers who were attracted to United as a cash cow. They just saw a successful company that played football. The commercial arm of Man Utd is the driving force along with the history, and sheer glamour of the club and that attracts sponsorship. Genuine sponsorship, not the owners family airline or companies working for the Abu Dhabi government which is the Sheik. So you see, when City fans go on about United 'buying titles' before they had the charity money, it grates a bit when the hypocritically accept money from anyone such as Taksin Shinawatra a convicted fraudster. The Sheik only bought City off his friend for the land adjacent to the Commonwealth Games stadium most of which he now owns and plans to build 1000's of houses on.

So answer me this. If City didn't have the money, would they play as well?? How many academy players have they in the side? How many academy players have they had in the side since 2007? Two or three. United have had many over the years. I accept City are a good side this season, so they should be. But my word they have had the luck, again.

Keep up your sad, ignorant tirade. It makes no difference to my opinions. You say you remember how United 'spunked money trying to keep up'. Odd phrase and then you have a go at me for mentioning City and money. Perfect example of hypocrisy so you must be a City fan.
    We are all very wealthy but don't know it. We have time. You can't buy anymore so don't waste it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Man Utd have the highest net debt in football, between 2016-17 their debt grew by 25% to a quoted €536m.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ma...-a7523761.html

On the other hand WBA has no debt at all, budgets are kept tight and make a decent profit.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
    If you stop referring to money and United that may help rather than bang on with un-original posts. Have we a clue who you support? Probably Liverpool or City. So let me give you a History lesson that won't make you so smug. City have won 4 Championships, United 20, Liverpool 18. Two of Citys were PL titles after the money came. One was in 1968 when they had money from Peter Swales and Noel White who had a TV rental business. Liverpool had their run in the 70's funded by local businessmen and a great Manager helped too. Can you spot a trend?
    Since the mid-1990's, United concentrated on commercial items to fund the club as the Edwards family hadn't sufficient funds anymore. I actually played Rugby once against Martin Edwards. He sold out to the Glazers who were attracted to United as a cash cow. They just saw a successful company that played football. The commercial arm of Man Utd is the driving force along with the history, and sheer glamour of the club and that attracts sponsorship. Genuine sponsorship, not the owners family airline or companies working for the Abu Dhabi government which is the Sheik. So you see, when City fans go on about United 'buying titles' before they had the charity money, it grates a bit when the hypocritically accept money from anyone such as Taksin Shinawatra a convicted fraudster. The Sheik only bought City off his friend for the land adjacent to the Commonwealth Games stadium most of which he now owns and plans to build 1000's of houses on.

So answer me this. If City didn't have the money, would they play as well?? How many academy players have they in the side? How many academy players have they had in the side since 2007? Two or three. United have had many over the years. I accept City are a good side this season, so they should be. But my word they have had the luck, again.

Keep up your sad, ignorant tirade. It makes no difference to my opinions. You say you remember how United 'spunked money trying to keep up'. Odd phrase and then you have a go at me for mentioning City and money. Perfect example of hypocrisy so you must be a City fan.
    I have no idea what your on about "tirade" this is a Jag forum and not really a place for partisan myopic views .
    You seem very sensitive to any comment on UTD but then again I understand why given your current position.
    I am not a City fan but I do remember how much crap they went through for many years so they deserve a bit of success .
    I guess being the second club in a city must be difficult to take after so many years of domination

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Man Utd have the highest net debt in football, between 2016-17 their debt grew by 25% to a quoted €536m.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ma...-a7523761.html

On the other hand WBA has no debt at all, budgets are kept tight and make a decent profit.
    As a "football" supporter I really want the like of W.Brom to do well they have incredibly loyal support (must be mad) but I remember when they survived relegation 2005 ? what a day that was.

8. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea what your on about "tirade" this is a Jag forum and not really a place for partisan myopic views .
    You seem very sensitive to any comment on UTD but then again I understand why given your current position.
    I am not a City fan but I do remember how much crap they went through for many years so they deserve a bit of success .
    I guess being the second club in a city must be difficult to take after so many years of domination
    I feel that with Villa always getting one over us, with the tables turned it does make a nice change.

You'll get rivalry up and down the country though, utd-city is just one of many.

I'd love for us to emulate the 78-79 season, one of the best football teams the top division has ever seen, beating Man Utd 5-3 that year was the pinnacle of that.
    We haven't got anywhere near to that since.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    I feel that with Villa always getting one over us, with the tables turned it does make a nice change.

You'll get rivalry up and down the country though, utd-city is just one of many.

I'd love for us to emulate the 78-79 season, one of the best football teams the top division has ever seen, beating Man Utd 5-3 that year was the pinnacle of that.
    We haven't got anywhere near to that since.
    I wonder if a Team like W.Brom could play more "kids" it drives me mad when teams all buy Average players denying the Young lads a chance to shine.
    The division of the league segregated by finance is a worry but then Leicester did ok didn't they just buying a ticket now is an event in itself

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576