Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X250 v X260

Post Thanks / Like
    I also love my XF Portfolio too and you are correct, it gets lots of admiring glances when parked.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK then.
    No, it isnt necessarily a massive step forward exterior wise.
    The design director realised he had stepped onto a winner with the last XF, and so decided whole sale changes were therefore not the order of the day.
    Also, as he probably thought. Could it be improved upon? If you had tried to massively improve it, you could have ended up making it worse.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought mine and would have liked the aluminium body for obvious reasons. I wanted a 3.0D Black R Sport, with Black pack. Pushed the right buttons visually for me and I eventually found a Dec 2014, 64 plate, MY2015 with only 13K miles, 4 year approved etc. looks as sexy has lol!

They no longer offer the R sport in 3.0D power only 2.0D if I was to have gone for the higher performing 2.0D model I would have had to find around another£25.000 on top of what I paid for my R sport. I couldn't see anything in the newer model that could justify that price difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was attracted to the original XF as the only good looking non-german that would be in my price range, having watched and waited for 6 or 7 years, finally I've got a 260 model and actually prefer the more upright grill and front end, with it looking more aggressive and youthful? - IMHO
    2016, XF R-Sport, 2.0d, Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plugger View Post
    I was attracted to the original XF as the only good looking non-german that would be in my price range, having watched and waited for 6 or 7 years, finally I've got a 260 model and actually prefer the more upright grill and front end, with it looking more aggressive and youthful? - IMHO
    I totally agree. I came out of a 2011 XF that was just gorgeous but now have the 2016 Rsport and it is still gorgeous. Having the Blackberry Metallic color helps too. The front and profile updates are more incremental but they took a lot of the Aston Martin out of the rear of the car - it's not as long/sloping back there. Mine has a small spoiler, side wings and black window surrounds which makes it look even more muscular where my last one was lunar grey and beautiful, just not as menacing as the one I have now.
    2004 X-Type
    2011 XF Premium Portfolio
    2016 XF R-Sport 3.0

Fan of the brand for my entire life! Living in Salisbury, Maryland, USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uab9253 View Post
    I totally agree. I came out of a 2011 XF that was just gorgeous but now have the 2016 Rsport and it is still gorgeous. Having the Blackberry Metallic color helps too. The front and profile updates are more incremental but they took a lot of the Aston Martin out of the rear of the car - it's not as long/sloping back there. Mine has a small spoiler, side wings and black window surrounds which makes it look even more muscular where my last one was lunar grey and beautiful, just not as menacing as the one I have now.
    X250 or X260 I think the Black R sport is the looker I just wanted the 3.0D so went for the X250 and am over the moon with it goes as well as it looks lol!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail_IMAG0010.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the new x260 after the x250. I didn't want to, but I have to admit the x260 in comparison is a better car.
    Design, I like both. Difficult to make a decision which is better. The old xf is a chubby car compared to the x260.
    But I like both, I would like to keep both
    The real step forward is the riding quality . The x250 is a copy of the old BMW 5 series in terms of confort and suspensions, but it s nothing close to the Jag tradition in terms of riding quality. When I drove the x260 I have noticed a sharper steering, better in corners. The most impressive was the riding with the 19"alloy (same as mine x250). Now you can call the XF a real Jaguar.
    In addition the power train is very solid and efficient. The gearbox with the paddles is quicker than before and the D drive very smooth. You can't feel the change of gear at anytime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	611.7 KB 
ID:	22849
    For comparison

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
    I think the XF with the x260 improved a lot driving quality and the aluminium body is a very fine upgrade. Unfortunatly the design is not as remarcable as it was in the previous x250. It looks like a bigger XE, not a premium car. And the interior doesn't look premium as it was before. Compared to the new E class and Bmw 5 the Xf is a step behind. Also the electronic gadgets have not been upgraded to the 2017.
    I researched the BMW535xi, Audi6 and MB E300 E350. The only difference I noted was the extra natural pore wood trim. I did not find the switch gear any better and the only car which performed close to the XF I bought was the A6 but the styling is out of date. The XF is a graceful, swooping design and btw, my wife can stuff piles of gear in the 19 cu ft trunk. And, I tried the XE. It is way NOISIER on the road and quite cramped compared to the XF--it IS a good car btw.
    So I am left wondering what about these other cars you don't like. I realize that the XF has that aluminum trim on the doors and glovebox but I do have the burled walnut wood also on all doors and the surround around the dash. The leather seats are Taurus and are comfortable and durable. Mine has the vented leather for heating and cooling. Drive an E350 for example and then hit the pedal in an XF AWD V6. Quite a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at all of the others when my last XF was due for changing late last year.
    To be honest the Audi was OK but old in design, as was the BMW. I liked the Merc but wouldn't buy due to one reason .. AMG = plastic seats. YUK.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast