Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: X250 v X260

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all I have just purchased the new x260 But still think what I wrote. The new 5 Series comapared to the Xf is a much better car, and so is the MB. the interior quality in the bmw is very impressive, and very good in the MB. Let s say the Xf in terms of quality perceived is between a 3 series and a 5 series.
    Any engine is better for the Bmw and Merc. Infotainment is far better with Bmw and very good with MB. the 5 series handles better than the xf and is more confy. The merc is more confy but not as sharp as the xf.
    At the end i still prefer the Jag, because it s the only one between the 3 that gets me excited and most important:
    The XF is the only car that makes me feel pleased at the same time with the front end design and the tail design. When I look at the xf I feel the design it's complete and any angle has been designed considering all the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    I owned an E300 MB (trouble) and a 230 Coupe(trouble) one BMW 325i(very good) one BMW 528i(trouble) and now the Jag XF AWD v6--so far no problems. Materials are not spectacular but durable but the difference which makes the car superior to MB and BMW is the handling and general performance. Much better car on winding roads. Last BMW under-steered a lot. So I like my new XF so far.
    cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    hi eveyone, now that I am driving the ne XF I can speak about the difference between the x250 and the x260.
    First of all I would never go back to the X250. It's all about the feeling. The Xf 260 feel tight like a drum! the steering is heavy like it should and it drives superb.
    The ingenium diesel, despite they major magazines review, is very well refined. Very smooth and very well insulated. I have already forgot the v6 diesel.
    The 20d feels quick and light and the chassis is superb. The optional Dynamic drive worth all the money and cornering is a very pleasant experience.
    to me the most improvement comes from the ride at low speed, now very well refined as a Jaguar should. Non perfect but better then the x250.
    the infotainment is excellent, I do not understand why people are not happy with it. the in control app is an amazing feature and together with the keyless system is superb. if you are not happy with the navigation system of the car you can use Sygic or Genius maps using the screen of the car and the touch pad.
    Using the remote control app you can turn on the car on from distance set up the climate, store and see the data of your journeys see the location of the car on the map (very helpful if you are in a city or place u don't know).
    There is really a lot to talk about. the ZF8 gearbox is so smooth you can't feel that change of gear and in dynamic mode is very responsive.

4. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are anything like me, the in control app will soon be irrelevant. I soon got bored of it and no longer open the app.
    Regarding using Sygic on the screen. From what I could tell this would cost you after the initial trial period. Plus it looked rubbish when up on the cars screen. A definite no no.
    The cars Sat Nav is fine until you find a route for which it prefers the local farm track. Trust me, these routes exist.
    It also isnt very clear when wanting to change the route due to traffic. Doesnt tell you where the problem is.
    Apart from that though, a perfectly adequate Sat Nav/ Infotainment system which is easy to use (not complicated like some), and easy to look at. Speed of the system is perfectly adequate for me as well.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a spare old phone always connected to the car to use with the incontrol app. I do have sygic lifetime license so to me doesn' t cost additional money. I think sygic is the best navigation ever. I love it. So I prefer it to the original incar satnav.if you don't like it u can use genius maps. I do use a lot the navi and to me it seems the most important feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
    I do have a spare old phone always connected to the car to use with the incontrol app. I do have sygic lifetime license so to me doesn' t cost additional money. I think sygic is the best navigation ever. I love it. So I prefer it to the original incar satnav.if you don't like it u can use genius maps. I do use a lot the navi and to me it seems the most important feature.
    What is Genius Maps like up on the car screen? Sygic had a weird look about it.
    Do they charge you extra?
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't use it yet. Will do tomorrow. They charge of course but a fraction than the original map upgrade from Jaguar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will just live with the Jag Sat Nav. A couple of annoyances, but for my purposes it is adequate, and the woman is very polite, always using her Ps and Qs!!

In the Border Reiver

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234