Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any "other" cars in the stable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the TR6 and it looks like you have one without all those ugly Federal Bumpers and the standard wheels which are always
    nice to see . This for me was the spiritual successor to the Austin Healey 3000 a proper mans sportscar and from memory
    designed by Karmann . Sometimes I drive up through Canley , I have various pictures of the Factory and how it looked with the
    Railway alongside , its now an Industrial Estate with a few Retail Units and its heartbreaking , my old man was a Triumph Man
    and I can still remember the plate in the engine bay " Made in Canley " by the time I got there it was all gone .
    The TR range earned Britain much Foreign Export Revenue after the war and the bulk of course came to the USA , its nice to see
    the occasional model being repatriated , your car is an absolute credit to you and I particularly like the small overtaking mirror
    and the period boot rack , thanks for posting

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I sought a 69 being the first of the 6’s imported after the 250 and before pollution controls and the bumper guards. Redid the interior with a proper kit from UK and then repainted engine compartment all back to original color and form.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our other car is a 2001 Volvo V70 2.4T Petrol. Tuned by BSR and boy does it go. 400 ft lb of torque no less!
    It's also lowered and has drilled & slotted discs with ceramic pads. The handling is fantastic.
    We've had it for 12 years and barely spent a penny on it. It simply does what it says on the tin and it's so reliable.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234