Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any "other" cars in the stable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the TR6 and it looks like you have one without all those ugly Federal Bumpers and the standard wheels which are always
    nice to see . This for me was the spiritual successor to the Austin Healey 3000 a proper mans sportscar and from memory
    designed by Karmann . Sometimes I drive up through Canley , I have various pictures of the Factory and how it looked with the
    Railway alongside , its now an Industrial Estate with a few Retail Units and its heartbreaking , my old man was a Triumph Man
    and I can still remember the plate in the engine bay " Made in Canley " by the time I got there it was all gone .
    The TR range earned Britain much Foreign Export Revenue after the war and the bulk of course came to the USA , its nice to see
    the occasional model being repatriated , your car is an absolute credit to you and I particularly like the small overtaking mirror
    and the period boot rack , thanks for posting

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I sought a 69 being the first of the 6’s imported after the 250 and before pollution controls and the bumper guards. Redid the interior with a proper kit from UK and then repainted engine compartment all back to original color and form.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our other car is a 2001 Volvo V70 2.4T Petrol. Tuned by BSR and boy does it go. 400 ft lb of torque no less!
    It's also lowered and has drilled & slotted discs with ceramic pads. The handling is fantastic.
    We've had it for 12 years and barely spent a penny on it. It simply does what it says on the tin and it's so reliable.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Along with my future Jag I have a Noble M400 that I’ve owned for 10 years, one of only 75 M400’s built,an utterly fantastic car that I will never sell.Also a Discovery 3 which has now done 180k miles ! and per a previous poster a Rover 75 V6 .My previous 75 was driven by Tiff Needel on the Fifth Gear program against a S-Type and a Bentley Turbo R. The episode is on YouTube somewhere ref no R55NCY.

5. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loads of cool cars in the "other cars in the garage" thread. My cars are nowhere near as cool I'm afraid!

The family car is a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. It's alot of car for the money we spent but build quality suffers as a result. Having owned this C4 I wouldn't have another, we had a Mercedes before this and everything in the Citroen feels like a step down. I'm sure there's lots of people falling down in shock at this revelation but I think when we finally get rid of our family wagon, we'll be looking for something older but with a better trim level and build quality.

I currently drive a bright orange Toyota Aygo Excite - this is a company car which I've got on salary sacrifice. It was a great deal but I've learnt since that when you have a leased car and some ejit does something to it in a car park the insurance and options that are part of the lease seem to be lacking. Recently someone punched in one of my rear lights in the car park at work. This resulted in me scouring ebay for rear lights from a 2015 aygo as they're currently only available from dealers. Luckily I was able to replace the unit for £80 but that's still £80 gone because some jealous muppet decided to take offence at the ridiculous colour of my silly little car. This car goes back in June. When it's gone I'm either taking over an s-type or buying an XKR. I'm currently leaning heavily towards the XKR (X100 shape) as it's such a lovely shape and I will be commuting to work by train again by that point and as such will be able to keep and cherish an XKR as a weekend fun car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc View Post
    Along with my future Jag I have a Noble M400 that I’ve owned for 10 years, one of only 75 M400’s built,an utterly fantastic car that I will never sell.Also a Discovery 3 which has now done 180k miles ! and per a previous poster a Rover 75 V6 .My previous 75 was driven by Tiff Needel on the Fifth Gear program against a S-Type and a Bentley Turbo R. The episode is on YouTube somewhere ref no R55NCY.
    looks like definitely have the ‘need for speed’. I had to research the M400. The Nobel appears to be quite the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Nissan X Trail 2.2 diesel as my run around for in the week. Being Japanese you know what you're getting...no frills, reliability, economy and comfort. It sits quite happily on the motorway doing over 40mpg regardless of speed, and although it's done 153k miles, i'd have no qualms about taking it on the continent for long journeys. The other blessing with this car is nowadays when i drive the STR at weekends instead of every day, it feels utterly amazing, and i've fallen in love with it all over again. Using it every day was getting expensive, and having done 117k i would like to try and keep mileage to a minimum. When i drive it now, i have a new found appreciation for the power and experience that Jaguars give you
    Jaguar 2003 S Type R
    6% Supercharger Pulley Upgrade, 200 cell cats, 4" Sports Rear Boxes, Remapped, Caldoofy Intake
    374 rwhp, 427 ft/lbs. torque

9. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have "access" to another car, although it is my wife's. It's a 2002 Toyota Celica. Great fun to drive!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Celica.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	274.0 KB 
ID:	25308

I had an Insignia up until Friday (sold that to buy my 2000 XJR ( X308 ) ) The Insignia was comfortable, had a reasonable amount of poke for a big car, and was economic. But it wasn't a Jag...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	25309

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually own 2 cars, I'll have a fun car and a practical car. After changing over my Accord tourer and 5th gen Celica last year I downsized to 1 car and bought a 7 seater Peugeot. Less than a year later I got bored of the Peugeot (it was a horrible car to drive) so I sold it for an S-Type to be a single practical and fun car. But there's a twist, although I only tax/insure/MoT one car I do have a Kyosho PureTen Alpha which is completely impractical for family life but is very fun to drive with it's 2cc nitro engine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234