Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Any "other" cars in the stable?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2005 Toyota Yaris as a winter run around, bought it because it was cheaper than a set of winter wheels and tyres, and have to say its great☺

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161008_171823.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	444.3 KB 
ID:	25683
    Present: 2016 Jaguar XJ R-Sport
    Present: 2005 Toyota Yaris (winter run around)
    Previous: 2014 BMW 640d M-Sport
    Previous: 2012 BMW X5 30d M-Sport

2. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 01 Saab 93 Aero as my daily drive which after 14 yrs still gives me all the thrill I need when overtaking. The wife has an 08 Saab SportCombi which is very practical for visits to Ikea, I have owned Saabs for over 30 yrs and only owned an 08 X type Jag for the past 3 yrs as my sunday car, but worked as a Jag mechanic 40 yrs ago. I feel I have the best of all worlds, a wolf in sheeps clothing rocket ship, a practical but fast and stylish estate, and a luxury cruiser which attracts way more attention than any bmw or audi over here in Norway, people ask me if they can sit in it!
    2007 X type, 2.5 Auto, Executive model. Shadow Grey, Champagne and walnut interior, heated memory seats, power mirrors, el sunroof, satnav. Block heater. 3.0S Exhaust tips. Focal speakers, Alpine amp. Pioneer active sub.HID's. EBC discs with Greenstuff pads. Goodridge brake hoses. Dash clock modification.
    2008 Jaguar X type
    2008 Saab 9-3 Sportcombi
    2001 Saab 93 Aero
    1997 Saab 900 Talladeda
    Draco 2400
    All in mint condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have half a car as my other car ..... no roof, no doors, no windows, no radio, no heating. Just 160bhp in a car weighing 550Kg

Not sure you could get much further from the comfort of the XFR but the performance is similar up to 70mph, where the Jag just keeps going and the Rocket becomes a handful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170616_172708.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	758.5 KB 
ID:	26153
    Last edited by Mantaray; 18-02-18 at 09:14.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

2011 Jaguar XFR
    2012 MEV Rocket

5. Likes Chris.t liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow ! That’s quite a machine, isn’t that the one that made Jeremy Clarksons face distort under acceleration when testing it but on second thoughts it may have been James May.
    Mercedes CLS AMG design Shooting Brake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    Our town hosts the Merc Sindelfingen plant where the Es, CLSs, Ss, Maybachs, AMG GTs are assembled and it feels like there are more Mercs here than all other cars put together! Almost all workers, present or retired, get the option of 1-2 cars per year at a good discount. So, not including the African project managers, who get company cars anyway, most workers take one even if they sell it on every year at just about the same as they paid for them. They often have customers waiting and have actually speced the car for that customer.

When you take the factory tour, you see that Mercedes still makes some attempt to build a better car. How much is marketing and how much is also done by other manufacturers is not clear. However, in Schwabenland, if you don't have a Porsche, then you should have a Merc. The Germans are even parochial about their purchasing choices

A new CLS is about to hit the market: http://www.evo.co.uk/mercedes/cls/20...rce=newsletter

I would love love to do that factory tour, maybe we need to tailor our holidays to suit sometime in the future.

Meantime the CLS has not disappointed, in fact each day I find it to be so much better than the XF the only thing we’ve missed so far is the heated windscreen.
    We did have one small glitch where the heater control panel refused to power up. After the third time we visited the Mercedes Dealer where they carried out a software test and reset it. So far it’s been fine.

I’ve now got the towbar ready for fitting which appears to be relatively easy with the vehicle specific electrics kit simply a plug in job, even easier than the XF which I did three years ago.
    Mercedes CLS AMG design Shooting Brake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag75 View Post
    I would love love to do that factory tour, maybe we need to tailor our holidays to suit sometime in the future.
    Glad to hear that the new car is living up to expectation. Nice cars and quite rare which is always nice.

Now you have a Merc, you should do the factory tour and the museum. Both are well worth it. Give me a shout if you need any info and I will see what I can do.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

9. Thanks JimC64, Jag75 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the two X-Types, I have a man-card cancelling 2000 Chrysler Town and Country minivan (extended length, with a breathed-on 3.8 litre six petrol). 4 buckets and a bench, full leather, entertainment system in the back...who orders these things that way?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567