Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes Sadly it's Finally Time...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sadly it's Finally Time...

Chaps this is strictly prohibited in the forum regulations.

So before Ian or Rory find out please have a look in the Jaguar Cars For Sale forum: http://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Our Catwoman has to find a new home urgently.

I've tried to avoid this but we have to change our lifestyle urgently due to our personal circumstances as I've been hinting for several months.

It's a real wrench, this is the first car since my 1987 Vauxhall Carlton 3.0 CSi to bring me to tears literally when parting with her.

So - serious ready-to-buy offers of over £1,600 please, this is a special offer for forum members only and she's not advertised elsewhere, I'd like her to go to someone here whom I can keep in touch with.

You know her history, it's all here scattered all over the place

Ask anything by PM, I will give you the registration and VIN so you can research her, and if you aren't too far from Reading I can bring her to you for inspection and a coffee and chat.

But you'll have to drop me back or pay my train fare (1st class) if you buy her on the spot!

Thanks chaps.
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 23-03-17 at 06:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad times Jim, but clearly you need to part with her as you have described. I do hope you will continue to contribute to the forum? Don`t think it will be quite the same otherwise.I have two so couldn`t even think about adopting a third!!

3. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that you have to sell your Jag. I have only been a member of the forum for a year but I feel that I have known you for years. Don't be a stranger from the political debates and remember that if you want to come to Germany that there is a spare bed for you and your family.

I would even come and pick you up from the airport.

All the best
    David
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

5. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Likes Lost it liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shame, but that's the way of the world. Doesn't mean you can't still post though does it?
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys... 128,000 and counting, need to sell it but it's too nice...
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale...
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely.
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A too for when the suns out. NT650V for work.

Still beating cancer.

Sure I took the Red pill....

7. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been a great contribution to the S-Type part of the forum, shame it has had to come to an end, hopefully someone on here buys the car or at least goes to a good home.

Just because the car has to go doesn't mean you have to do so too, always welcome.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2007 indigo blue.

Mods: Power-fold door mirrors, ally weave dash trim, late model chrome stalks, XKR pedals, ACM kit, Speedpack Spoiler, XKR exhaust, 5.0 XKR diffuser, late model seat and window switches, Alston Suede roof lining, Upper/Lower Mesh grilles, Redstuff pads all round. Aerial removed and re-located to spoiler.

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

9. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Likes reddiesel, Irish Pappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame Jim but please keep on contributing to the forum as much as you can. I dread the day when I too will have to give up my beloved Jag but that time will come. I hope your car goes to someone who will cherish it as much as you.
    Jaguar X350 XJR Freeflow SS Exhaust. / Jaguar X308 XJR

11. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only echo what others had said Jim. Your contributions to the forum have been invaluable and your sympathetic ear to my latest engine issue was very much appreciated.
    Please keep it up if you can. Nev.

13. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone, much appreciated, and I will continue coming here beyond, it's such a great place to come.

I really had hoped we could have kept her and even traded up for an STR if I could have got wifey round, but it's our economic situation, not meant to be.

15. Likes ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad to hear this Jim.

SO AN X TYPE ESTATE NEXT THEN
    I HAVE CDO ITS LIKE OCD BUT THE LETTERS ARE IN ALPHAETICAL ORDER AS THEY SHOULD BE.

I'm 16 and Currently own a 2005 S Type 3.0 Radiance Red.

slow project never finished..

17. Thanks Jim_S-V6_2004 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry_B View Post
    Sad to hear this Jim.

SO AN X TYPE ESTATE NEXT THEN
    Touché Henry, touché.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

19. Likes Henry_B, Jim_S-V6_2004 liked this post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast